ALL ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPHY & ARTWORK IS COPYRIGHT THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS AND ACKNOWLEDGED
IMAGES ARE USED FOR ILLUSTRATION OF TECHNIQUE ONLY
Major repair on missing leg, minor noise cleaning, colour balancing.
The stitching was cloned and manually adjusted, the folded cloth done by trial and error.
An early piece, doing the mesh and shadows took ages, so by the time I came to the stocking top I did what looked nice rather than was true, but without seeing the original it's good enough, and giving a slight tint seemed rather pointless.
Not completely accurate but the important thing is that it looks all right on its own.
Creating the folded cloth was just a matter of following existing curves, but the background was a mess : I had to use a smaller version from another image and rely on the bokeh scaling smoothly, which it did apart from all the loose strands of her hair, which had to have surrounding artifacts cleaned.
This wasn't particularly difficult, just incredibly time-consuming.
The arm repair wasn't too hard, but rather than mess around trying to remove everything that surrounded her, I just cut her out and completely replaced the background, adding some subtle noise so the colour wasn't solid. I should have centred her, too.
Completely new background of two separate gradients (one for each side), overlaid with a small amount of noise, then soft shadows were recreated.
An early piece that really needs some tidying up, but it's not too bad.
Another background replacement, and some projections of folded cloth; the amount of flash revealed on her back was just a guess based on where the dress went.
Replaced with a clone then manually brushed and changed to make it different. A similar b/w image was treated in the same manner.
Filling in the small gap was simple, but getting the correct hue shift and colour balance took a long time.
A join that wasn't so much difficult as very time-consuming, repeating the pattern without using easy-to-find clones.
Nowhere near as good as it should have been, and all I did was extend existing details to fill in the gap where the RS title block was removed.
A perfect join where the image has overlaps on both sides, so removing the text was nice and simple.
Removing pesky tourists.
I decided to darken the pillar's base so it better matched the others.
Sign of the times removed for cleanliness. If only it were this easy in real life to get rid of all the pavement obstructions (all aimed at motorists of course).