Intolerance / Ignorance / Imposition / Stupidity
Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, King, Saudi Arabia
- I demand a UN resolution that condemns any country or group that insults religions and prophets. … It is our duty and that of every Muslim to protect Islam and defend the prophets. [27 October 2012]
Abu Abdullah, Hizb ut-Tahrir (Party Of Liberation)
- Bush says that we want to enslave people and oppress their freedom of speech. But we want to free all people from being slaves of men and make them slaves of Allah. [quoted in Christian Science Monitor, 10 May 2006]
- The kaffir (kuffur) are the enemies of islam. They are less than human unless they revert to the one true way. It is acceptable to be rude to them – regardless of where you live, for they are less than us. [post to muslim-wife blog (living in Florida), in response to a query as to why she would refer to her neighbours as kaffir, 08 October 2007]
- NASA's obvious lie about 'losing' the tapes more or less proves that the landing was a fake. The 'restored' version is certainly doctored to the nines. It's just like Nixon's eighteen-minute gap. The only thing they hide is what they don't want you to see. [Houston, We Have A Problem: Original Moon Walk Footage Erased, The Guardian, 16 July 2009]
- Perhaps a movie will sell a few more suckers on the wackiest darned theory every made up. Obviously the Darwinists are clutching at straws. If their Rube Goldberg Machine theory was really right they would have duplicated it in the laboratory a thousand times already. Or explained all the huge flaws in it. It's not true. [Creation, A Film About Charles Darwin, The Guardian, 21 September 2009]
- It's so sweet that these scientists all believe that evolution is a fact and not a theory. It's kind of like believing in Santa Claus: they want so much for it to be true that it becomes a fact! They're like sweet, innocent children, lying in their beds with images of Darwin dancing in their heads…brilliant amoeba splitting off in perfect natural selection…blind worms choosing spouses on the basis of their little stubby brains coming one step closer to vision…and knowing, in rhapsody, that from now until forever no Creator is ever going to have any moral authority over them whatsoever… The little innocent darlings really believe it's all proven and true…shhhh!…don't wake them up! Only later on, when they grow up, will they learn all about scientific rigour and the higher standards of meaning what you say and understanding it; it's not for now! [Half Of Britons Do Not Believe In Evolution, Survey Finds, The Guardian, 01 February 2009]
Hassan Mohammed Abrone, Somalian Refugee Wishing To Enter The U.S.A.
- If I can't beat my wife, how will she know that I love her? [quoted in LA Times, 12 September 2006]
- The limitations imposed by democratic political practises make it difficult to conduct our foreign affairs in the national interest. [Citizen Looks At Congress]
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President, Iran
- In Iran we don't have homosexuals like you do in your country. We do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have it. [Columbia University, New York, 24 September 2007]
- There is no truth on earth but monotheism and following tenets of Islam and there is no way for salvation of mankind but rule of Islam over mankind. [14 August 2007]
- My purpose is total integration of biblical law into our lives. 
Omar Ahmed, Council Of American Islamic Relations
- Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Qur'an, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth. [paraphrased (and disputed), San Ramon Valley Herald, July 1998]
- Allah is the subject of faith and loving obedience, not of rational inquiry or purely discursive thought. Unaided human reason is inferior in status to the gift of faith. Indeed, reason is useful only in so far as it finds a use in the larger service of faith. [A Faith For All Seasons]
- It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's [rape causing pregnancy] really rare. If it's a legitimate rape, uh, the female body has ways to try and shut that whole thing down. [19 August 2012]
Peter Akinola, Archbishop, Nigeria
- I didn't create poverty. This church didn't create poverty. Poverty is not an issue, human suffering is not an issue at all, they were there before the creation of mankind.
- I cannot think of how a man in his senses would be having a sexual relationship with another man. Even in the world of animals – dogs, cows, lions – we don't hear of such things.
Alabama Supreme Court
- She manifested an entire want of instruction as to the nature and effect of an oath, of all religious training, and utter ignorance of the existence of a Supreme Being, "the rewarder of truth and avenger of falsehoods." [disqualifying an 11-year old girl's testimony at her rape trial and ensuring the rapist went free, 1882]
- Homosexual conduct is, and has been, considered abhorrent, immoral, detestable, a crime against nature, and a violation of the laws of nature and of nature's God upon which this nation and our laws are predicated. [15 February 2002]
- To find a virtuous women is like finding the one eel in a bag with 500 venomous snakes. And if you grope in the bag and find the eel you have but a wet and slimy eel by the tail. [4th cent BCE]
- The United States is good. We try to do our best everywhere. [Washington Post, 23 October 1999]
- We are the greatest country in the world! [defending their policy on Iraq, Columbus, Ohio, 18 February 1998]
- I think this is a very hard choice, but the price – we think the price is worth it. [in response to reporter Lesley Stahl, speaking of US sanctions against Iraq : "We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And – and you know, is the price worth it?", 60 Minutes, 12 May 1996]
- We are talking about using military force, but we are not talking about a war. That is an important distinction. [speaking at Tennessee State University, Nashville]
- We recognise this area as vital to US national interests and we will behave, with others, multilaterally when we can and unilaterally when we must. [Middle East International (London), 21 October 1994]
- The United States is not going to stop doing what we have to do. We have responsibilities; we have national interests. We are operating in a world that is filled with a variety of threats, but that doesn't mean that we can crawl into an ostrich-like mode. We are eagles.
- But if we have to use force, it is because we are America; we are the indispensable nation. We stand tall and we see further than other countries into the future, and we see the danger here to all of us. I know that the American men and women in uniform are always prepared to sacrifice for freedom, democracy and the American way of life. [Today, NBC, 19 February 1998]
Sheik Abdalla Ali, Mogadishu Court
- When people accept practising Islamic Sharia Law every body will enjoy life based on peace and prosperity. … He who does not perform prayer will be considered as infidel and our Sharia Law orders that person to be killed. [Shabelle Media Network, 05 July 2006]
Shujaat Ali, Cartoonist, Al-Jazeera
- There's an informal code of ethics among cartoonists in the media, and it includes two kinds of censorship: one is self-censorship; the other is professional censorship. Religion is one of the very important things that we should respect and not criticize. … We should respect people from other religions, whether they are Jews, Christians or whatever. We should have a code of ethics among cartoonists, and we need to ask ourselves how far it is acceptable for us to go and what kind of limits we should set. It's fine for cartoonists to target politicians or governments, but they should leave religion alone. … Freedom is very important. And I am fighting for it here. But the problem is that we must set limits. We cannot tolerate any disparagement of the Prophet – for whom we have the highest respect. In every religion, even Christianity, there are some people who are very emotional about their religion. Within my own community, I criticize people who are going beyond limits. They should be criticized, of course. (Muslim) extremism is also bad. We are not angels, but we are also human. As humans, we must respect each other. And our religion. [Spiegel, 03 February 2006]
Abbas-Ali Alizadeh, Head of The Judiciary Administration, Tehran
- One of our greatest glories is closure of offending newspapers. Based on our assessments, by doing this, we have done the greatest service to the people. … When you do a job for the sake of God, defeat is meaningless. [commenting on the closure of over 50 newspapers in the last 20 months, 12 December 2001]
A. A. Allen
- When you can turn people on their head and shake them and no money falls out, then you know God's saying, "Move on, son."
- I can't say enough how it's time that we get beyond, and, and start focussing on the technology we have and move forward into the future so that our grandchildren and, can have the same lifestyle we have, and, and, this earth's been here 6000 years and I know I'm going on and on and I'll shut up, it’s been here 6000 years, long before anybody had environmental laws, and somehow it hasn't been done away with, and, er, we need to get to uranium here in Arizona so this state can get the money from it, and the, er, revenue from it, and it can be done safely, and you'll never even know the mine was there when they're done. [25 June 2009]
- The Gender Recognition Act 2004 ("GRA") violates my human rights as a heterosexual Christian male in selecting a sexual or marriage partner, in particular by allowing the falsification of the birth certificates of "trans persons". The GRA goes out of its way to prevent me from ascertaining the true birth gender of a prospective sexual or marriage partner, which is of vital importance to me as a Christian male who is in mortal fear of having a sexual relationship with someone who is biologically male by birth. … the whole of the GRA is predicated upon unproven medical theories of dubious authority. [a married fundy expressing mortal fear of a situation he'd never encounter, and advertising his ignorance of decades' worth of medical and psychological evidence, June 2005]
Arnaud-Amaury, Abbot Of Citeaux
- Kill them all; for God will know his own. [when asked by the Crusaders what to do with the citizens of Beziers (a mixture of Catholics and Cathars), 1209]
- The precepts of medicine are contrary to celestial science, watching and prayer.
- I did this to stop the peace process. We need to be cold-hearted. … According to the Halacha you can kill the enemy. My whole life, I learned Halacha. When you kill in war, it is an act that is allowed. [commenting on his murder of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, 06 November 1995] When asked if he acted alone, his reply was "I acted alone on God's orders."
Father Gabriele Amorth
- What is happening is what normally happens when the devil enters the lives of those who let him in. … The priest of the parish ought today to go and bless all the houses that have witnessed paranormal phenomena, because that is what they are. [describing the source of various fires in Caronia, Sicily, January 2004]
Anonymous Tub Of Lard
- I don't know what the fuss is all about. The firemen came here and got on with their job. Sometimes I slide to the floor in my living room, and it's hard to get back up. I try not to make a habit of ringing for help, but sometimes there is nothing I can do. [commenting on having called the Fire Brigade four times in a week to shift his 260kg (>¼ tonne!) bulk across his bed and around his home in Grangemouth, The Guardian, 23 February 2008]
Anonymous 'God-fearing' Xian
- Our daughter started college a year ago, and we've noticed during her visits home that she's not the sweet, innocent girl we sent away for higher learning. We raised her with strong Christian beliefs, but lately she's saying that she's joined an atheist club on campus and is questioning everything we taught her. Now my husband refuses to let her in the house and is threatening to turn her in to the FBI. I've tried to cure our daughter and reconcile with her, but nothing seems to work. I've prayed over her at night while she sleeps, enlisted friends in a phone prayer tree and even spoken to my priest about the possibility of an exorcism. I'm at my wits' end. How can I recover my daughter and keep her from hell? [letter to agony aunt Margo Howard, Denver Post, 23 May 2009]
- That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. [Summa Theologica]
- As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence.
- From society's point of view, this is a very good thing. We have removed the blot. [speaking proudly of the murders of (pregnant) Sunita Prakash and her boyfriend Jasbir Singh, for being from the same village their relationship was deemed as 'incest', Reuters, 16 May 2008] cf Satvir Singh
- If America is to be great in the future, it will be if we understand that our source is not civic and temporal, but our source is godly and eternal. [commencement address upon receiving an honorary degree at Bob Jones University, 08 May 1999]
- Civilised people – Muslims, Christians and Jews – all understand that the source of freedom and human dignity is the Creator. Civilised people of all religious faiths are called to the defence of His creation. … We are a nation called to defend freedom – a freedom that is not the grant of any government or document, but is our endowment from God. … God bless you and God bless America. [National Religious Broadcasters Convention, Nashville, Tennessee, 19 February 2002]
- To those who scare peace-loving people with phantoms of lost liberty, my message is this: Your tactics only aid terrorists, for they erode our national unity and diminish our resolve. They give ammunition to America's enemies and pause to America's friends. They encourage people of good will to remain silent in the face of evil. [06 December 2001]
- If those who are called philosophers, and especially the Platonists, have said aught that is true and in harmony with the faith, we are not only not to shrink from it, but to claim it for our own use from those who have unlawful possession of it. [Confessions, City Of God, Christian Doctrine]
- Any woman who does not give birth to as many children as she is capable is guilty of murder.
- I should not believe in the truth of the gospels unless the authority of the Catholic Church forced me to do so.
- Nothing is to be accepted except on the authority of scripture, since greater is that authority than all powers of the human mind.
- All diseases of Christians are to be ascribed to these demons; chiefly do they torment freshly-baptised Christians, yea, even the guiltless new-born infants.
- It is impossible that there should be inhabitants on the opposite side of the Earth, since no such race is recorded by Scripture among the descendants of Adam.
- Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact, be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men.
- Neither in the confusion of paganism, nor in the defilement of heresy, nor yet in the blindness of Judaism, is religion to be sought, but among those alone who are called Catholic Christians. [De Vera Religions, v]
- The good Christian should beware of mathematicians and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and confine man in the bonds of Hell.
- Scripture speaks of no such descendants of Adam as the Antipodeans. Men could not be allowed by the Almighty to live there, since if they did they could not see Christ at his second coming descending through the air.
- I was already Bishop of Hippo, when I went into Ethiopia with some servants of Christ there to preach the Gospel. In this country we saw many men and women without heads, who had two great eyes in their breasts; and in countries still more southly, we saw people who had but one eye in their foreheads. [Sermon 37]
- I don't really believe in Santa any more but I was angry because I thought I wasn't going to get all the presents I wanted this year. I want all of these things and I don't see why I shouldn't get them. [Metro, 14 December 2011]
Raphael Ndingi Mwana A'zeki, Archbishop of Nairobi
- HIV/AIDS is going so fast because of the availability of condoms. … they should not be made at all. … Anybody for that matter [should not use them]. The laws of God affect everybody. … we are not peddling ignorance [an article published in Kenya by its bishops claimed incorrectly (but in accordance with equally wrong Vatican teachings) that "latex rubber from which condoms are made has pores through which viral-sized particles can squeeze during intercourse"]. We shall be proved the only people who have been right in this matter in the long run. [Panorama, 12 October 2003]
Abu Bakar Ba'asyir, Indonesian Mujahidin Council
- So if you ask me which one is more dangerous, nude women or the Bali bombs, then my answer would be the women showing off their skin. [21 September 2006]
Shaikh Abd-al-Aziz Ibn Abd-Allah Ibn Baaz, Mufti Of Saudi Arabia
- The earth is flat. Whoever claims it is round is an atheist deserving of punishment. [1993, quoted by Yousef M. Ibrahim, The New York Times, 12 February 1995]
- If the earth is rotating as they claim, the countries, the mountains, the trees, the rivers, and the oceans will have no bottom and the people will see the eastern countries move to the west and the western countries move to the east. [Evidence That The Earth Is Standing Still, 1974]
Abdul Haqq Baker
- I converted to Islam after learning about the religion's monotheistic foundation; there being only one God – Allah who does not share his divinity with anything. This made sense and was easy to comprehend. [The Guardian, 19 August 2013]
- My conversion was further strengthened by learning that Islam recognised and revered the prophets mentioned in Judaism and Christianity. [The Guardian, 19 August 2013]
- My new faith was, as its holy book the Qur'an declares, a natural and final progression of these earlier religions. [The Guardian, 19 August 2013]
- Additionally, with my newfound faith, there existed religious guidelines that provided spiritual and behavioural codes of conduct. [The Guardian, 19 August 2013]
- Islam's way of life and sense of brotherhood were attractive to 50% of interviewees, whereas another 30% and 10% respectively converted because of the religion's monotheistic foundations and the fact that, holistically, the religion "made sense" and there were "no contradictions". [The Guardian, 19 August 2013]
Richard H. Baker, Baton-Rouge - R
- We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it, but God did. [09 September 2005]
Buju Banton (Mark Myrie)
- (Its like) Boom bye bye Inna batty bwoy head Rude bwoy no promote no nasty man Dem haffi dead Boom bye bye Inna batty bwoy head Rude bwoy no promote no nasty man Dem haffi dead … Guy come near we Then his skin must peel Burn him up bad like an old tire wheel gwaan buju banton yuh tough … (Two man) A hug up on an kiss up on An lay down inna bed Hug up on another Anna rub dung leg Send fi di matic an Di Uzi instead Shoot di batty boy come if we shot dem– Dem don't want Jackie Give dem Paul instead Don't want di poom poom Between Patsy leg All dem want Is the body from Fred But dis is Buju Banton Me say [Boom Bye Bye, 1992]
Rev. Bill Banuchi, New York Christian Coalition
- When a society has degenerated to the point of celebrating an immoral lifestyle that results in sickness and premature death it's questionable whether that society can long survive. We put warning labels on cigarette packs because we know that smoking takes one to two years off the average life span, yet we 'celebrate' a lifestyle that we know spreads every kind of sexually transmitted disease and takes at least 20 years off the average life span according to the 2005 issue of the revered scientific journal Psychological Reports. Something is wrong with this picture. [Protesting about the first Gay Pride Day in New Paltz, 11 June 2005]
Percy Barnevik, President of The ABB Industrial Group
- I would define globalisation as the freedom for my group of companies to invest where it wants when it wants, to produce what it wants, to buy and sell where it wants, and support the fewest restrictions possible coming from labour laws and social conventions.
- Science always changes so you can believe what you like. [LBC Radio, 07 January 2009]
Matt Barrett, Barclays Bank
- I don't think I know what excess profits means. 
L. Frank Baum
- We had better, in order to protect our civilisation, follow it up and wipe these untamed and untameable creatures from the face of the earth.
- The nobility of the Redskin is extinguished, and what few are left are a pack of whining curs who lick the hand that smites them. The Whites, by law of conquest, by justice of civilization, are masters of the American continent, and the best safety of the frontier settlements will be secured by the total annihilation of the few remaining Indians. Why not annihilation? Their glory has fled, their spirit broken, their manhood effaced; better that they should die than live the miserable wretches that they are.
David Bay, Christian Occult Investigator
- That way, when the real Antichrist arrives on the scene, they will be preconditioned to accept him. [speaking of children accepting Harry Potter, 14 November 2001]
Lindy Beam, Youth Culture Analyst, Focus On The Family
- The concern is that these books [Harry Potter] are placed in a culture that glorifies and markets witchcraft, sorcery, and Wicca things that from a biblical perspective are harmful. [12 November 2001]
Arnold Becker, Former Vice-President of CBS
- I'm not interested in culture. I'm not interested in pro-social values. I have only one interest. That's whether people watch the program. That's my definition of good, that's my definition of bad.
- I wanted to educate my children surrounded by Muslim brothers and sisters. I wanted them to live in an Islamic environment. It is not possible in France since we cannot really live in a community. Most of all, I was asked to remove my headscarf to work. For me, it was unimaginable. I was not ready to make that kind of compromise. 
- To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin. [Galileo's trial, 1615] (cf Frank Zindler's comment regarding parthenogenesis)
Pope Benedict XVI (Joseph Alois Ratzinger)
- I likewise profess that in the Mass a true, proper, and propitiatory sacrifice is offered to God on behalf of the living and the dead, and that the Body and the Blood, together with the soul and the divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ is truly, really, and substantially present in the most holy sacrament of the Eucharist, and there is a change of the whole substance of the bread into the Body, and of the whole substance of the wine into Blood; and this change the Catholic Mass calls transubstantiation. I also profess that the whole and entire Christ and a true sacrament is received under each separate species. [12 September 2006]
St. Bernard of Clairvaux
- The Christian glories in the death of a pagan, because thereby Christ himself is glorified.
Muhammad Saad al-Beshi, State Executioner, Saudi Arabia
- It doesn't matter to me: two, four, ten – as long as I'm doing God's will, it doesn't matter how many people I execute. … In this country we have a society that understands God's law. … I am very proud to do God's work. … Despite the fact that I hate violence against women, when it comes to God's will, I have to carry it out. [The Guardian, 06 June 2003]
Senator Albert J. Beveridge
- Mr. President, the times call for candour. The Philippines are ours forever, "territory belonging to the United States," as the Constitution calls them. And just beyond the Philippines are China's illimitable markets. We will not retreat from them either. We will not repudiate our duty in the archipelago. We will not abandon our opportunity in the Orient. We will not renounce our part in the mission of our race, trustee, under God, of the civilization of the world. And we will move forward to our work, not howling out regrets like slaves whipped to their burdens, but with gratitude for a task worthy of our strength, and thanksgiving to Almighty God that He has marked us as His chosen people, henceforth to lead in the regeneration of the world. Mr. President, this question is deeper than any question of party politics: deeper than any question of the isolated policy of our country even; deeper even than any question of constitutional power. It is elemental. It is racial. God has not been preparing the English-speaking and Teutonic peoples for a thousand years for nothing hut vain and idle self-contemplation and self-admiration. No! He has made us the master organizers of the world to establish system where chaos reigns. He has given us the spirit of progress to overwhelm the forces of reaction throughout the earth. He has made us adepts in government that we may administer government among savage and senile peoples. Were it not for such a force as this the world would relapse into barbarism and night. And of all our race He has marked the American people as His chosen nation to finally lead in the regeneration of the world. This is the divine mission of America, and it holds for us all the profit, all the glory, all the happiness possible to man. We are trustees of the world's progress, guardians of its righteous peace. The judgment of the Master is upon us: 'Ye have been faithful over a few things; I will make you ruler over many things.' 
- We are a community that thinks we are the best, because our religion is the best of all. Everyone else is second to us therefore it's futile to expect us to adopt British Values as we see them as inferior to our values by virtue of being the followers of the best book given to humankind. Why would we leave our superior values to take on something that is inferior? [If You Believe British And Islamic Values Are Incompatible, Why Do You Want To Live In The Uk?, The Nation, 14 July 2015]
- I am pro-life. I'm in agreement that not only is the abortionist a mass murderer, but that the mother who consented to the abortion is a murderer. Both are worthy of the death penalty.
- Only out of respect, because he was our teacher, did we not beat him to death on the spot. [demonstrating commendable restraint after his teacher Dr. Younus Shaikh had spoken about their prophet's body-hair and hygiene (but in any case Pakistan mandates death for everyone who derides Mo), New York Times, 12 May 2001]
- The number on the database should be the maximum number you can get. [speaking of the police's DNA database, 23 October 2006]
- To me, the most remarkable thing about the Koran is how progressive it is. … The Koran is inclusive. It extols science and knowledge and abhors superstition. It is practical and far ahead of its time in attitudes toward marriage, women, and governance. [Foreign Affairs, January/February 2007]
David Blunkett, Home Secretary
- If these people are dynamic and well-qualified, and I don't dispute that they are, they should get back home and recreate their countries that we freed from tyranny, whether it be Kosovo or now Afghanistan. We are freeing countries of different religions and cultural backgrounds and making it possible for them to get back home and rebuild their countries. I have no sympathy whatsoever with young people in their 20s who do not get back home and rebuild their country and their families. [Remarks To The Commons Home Affairs Select Committee, 18 September 2002]
John Bolton, State Department
- There is no such thing as the UN. There is an international community that can be led by the only real power left in the world, and that is the US, when it suits our interests and when we can get others to go along.
- Kids are bright. We owe it to them to teach all the alternatives of man's origins and let them work it out for themselves. … In my current teaching post at an Islamic faith school, pupils are concurrently taught in Islamic theology lessons that the universe and its contents originate from an omnipotent creator - and the mechanisms for this creative feat are described in some detail in the Qur'an. They are then also taught that much of what is described in the Qur'anic verses has been understood and interpreted in various ways by scholars over the ages. [Dawkins Is Wrong: Faith Schools Don't Blinker Children, The Guardian, 19 August 2010]
Lt. Gen. William Boykin
- … the enemy is a guy named Satan.
- Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this. [speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003]
- He went on CNN and he laughed at us, and he said, 'They'll never get me because Allah will protect me. Allah will protect me.' Well, you know what, I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol. [speaking of the Somalian warlord Osman Ato, January 2003]
- We in the army of God, in the house of God, kingdom of God have been raised for such a time as this.
T. J. Briscoe
- Atheists are to be pitied. God gave mankind free will and, sadly, atheists have taken that and turned it against their creator. … Atheists are in for a great shock when they reach the hereafter and are held accountable for turning free will against the very God who created them. [letter to St. Petersburg Times, Florida, in response to one of their columnists 'coming out' as an atheist, 13 August 2004]
Pastor Jack Brock, Christ Community Church, Alamogordo, New Mexico
- Behind that innocent face is the power of satanic darkness. Harry Potter is the devil and he is destroying people. [burning copies of the Potter books along with work by Stephen King, ouija boards, and records by AC/DC, 31 December 2001]
William Jennings Bryan
- No, but they would not run back beyond the creation, according to the bible. [in response to Clarence Darrow's question of "Don't you know that the ancient civilisations of China are six or seven thousand years old, at the very least?"]
- If God had wanted a sponge to think, a sponge could think.
- If the Bible had said that Jonah swallowed the whale, I would believe it.
- If we have to give up either religion or education, we should give up education.
- All the ills from which America suffers can be traced back to the teaching of evolution. It would be better to destroy every other book ever written, and save just the first three verses of Genesis.
- With 80,000 dead of AIDS, our promiscuous homosexuals appear literally hell-bent on Satanism and suicide. [17 October 1990]
- Rail as they will about 'discrimination,' women are simply not endowed by nature with the same measures of single-minded ambition and the will to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of Western capitalism. [22 November 1983]
- Gay rights activists seek to substitute, for laws rooted in Judeo-Christian morality, laws rooted in the secular humanist belief that all consensual sexual acts are morally equal. That belief is anti-biblical and amoral; to codify it into law is to codify a lie. [Wall Street Journal, 21 January 1993]
- I asked the President, "What can we do to show support for America?" He said, "Mom, if you really want to help, buy, buy, buy." 
- Almost everyone I've talked to says we're going to move to Houston. What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this – this [chuckles] is working very well for them. [sympathy for Katrina survivors, 05 September 2005]
- I watch none [TV]. He sits and listens and I read books, because I know perfectly well that, don't take offence, that 90 percent of what I hear on television is supposition, when we're talking about the news. And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it's, it's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that. And watch him suffer. [Good Morning America, 18 March 2003]
- I don't use the Bible as necessarily a way to predict the findings of science.
- I will never apologise for the United States of America – I don't care what the facts are. [expressing sympathy for the victims of a commercial Iranian airliner shot down in Iranian air-space by the U.S.S. Vincennes on 03 July 1998, killing all 290 passengers and crew]
- I think that, for example, on the issue of evolution, the verdict is still out on how God created the earth.
- No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God.
George W. Bush
- Brie and cheese. [Trying (and of course failing desperately) to taunt a reporter who had visited the West Coast (damn pinko faggots), Crawford (Texas), 23 August 2001]
- Our priorities is our faith. [Greensboro (North Carolina), 10 October 2000]
- So, what's the difference? [response to Diane Sawyer's query about the US government's statement that Saddam Hussain actually possessed WDMs, and the possibility he could have acquired them, 16 December 2003]
- We ought to make the pie higher. [South Carolina Republican Debate, 15 February 2000]
- I don't understand how poor people think. [New York Times, 26 August 2003]
- I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy. [Redwood (California), 27 September 2000]
- It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it. [Reuters, 05 May 2000]
- Do you realize we've got 250 million years of coal? [Washington (D.C.), 08 June 2005]
- Will the highways on the Internet become more few? [Concord (New Hampshire), 29 January 2000]
- Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning? [Florence (South Carolina), 11 January 2000]
- I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully. [Saginaw (Michigan), 29 September 2000]
- The Pearl Harbour of the 21st century took place today. [11 September, 2001]
- There's no cave deep enough for America, or dark enough to hide. [Oklahoma City, 29 August 2002]
- One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end. [Washington (D.C.), 08 January 2003 ]
- Security is the essential roadblock to achieving the road map to peace. [Washington, 25 July 2003]
- International law? I better call my lawyer, he didn't bring that up to me. [12 December 2003]
- You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test. [Townsend (Tennessee), 21 February 2001]
- I don't care what the international lawyers say, we are going to kick some ass. [11 September 2001]
- The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity. [State Of The Union Address, January 2003]
- I want to appreciate those of you who wear our nation's uniform for your sacrifice. [Jacksonville (Florida), 14 January 2005]
- I'll never apologize for the United States of America, ever. I don't care what the facts are. [speaking of the USS Vincennes shooting down an Iranian civilian airliner, killing all 290 passengers and crew, for which the Vincennes' crew were rewarded Combat Action Ribbons, 1988]
- Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness. [CNN online chat, 30 August 2000]
- I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children. [Second Presidential Debate, 11 October 2000]
- If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier – just so long as I'm the dictator. [18 December 2000]
- It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce. [Quebec City (Canada), 21 April 21 2001]
- It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way. [Washington (D.C.), 28 April 2005]
- It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas. [Beaverton (Oregon), 25 September 2000]
- I think the American people – I hope the American – I don't think, let me – I hope the American people trust me. [Washington, 18 December 2002]
- You've heard Al Gore say he invented the internet. Well, if he was so smart, why do all the addresses begin with "W"? [28 October 2000]
- Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them. [addressing a joint session of Congress, 20 September 2001]
- See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction. [Milwaukee (Wisconsin), 03 October 2003]
- This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table. [Brussels (Belgium), 22 February 2005]
- God loves you, and I love you. And you can count on both of us as a powerful message that people who wonder about their future can hear. [Los Angeles (California), 03 March 2004]
- There needs to be debates, like we're going through. There needs to be town-hall meetings. There needs to be travel. This is a huge country. [Larry King Live, 16 December 1999]
- We have a great opportunity to extend a just peace, by replacing poverty, repression, and resentment around the world with hope of a better day. [addressing graduates at West Point, 01 June 2002]
- See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda. [Greece (New York), 24 May 2005]
- A couple of more, then I got to hop. Keith. I get to leave. That's not a very – a couple of more, and then I have to retire, as opposed to hopping. [Press conference, 31 May 2005]
- First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill. [Washington (D.C.), 19 May 2003]
- The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants. [New York Times, 14 January 2001]
- You've also got to measure in order to begin to effect change that's just more – when there's more than talk, there's just actual – a paradigm shift. [Washington (D.C.), 01 July 2003]
- The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants. [New York Times, 14 January 2001]
- Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment. [New York Times, 14 January 2001]
- Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we. [Washington (D.C.), 05 August 2004 & Newsweek, 16 August 2004]
- People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you. [Washington (D.C.), 19 September 2002]
- The best way to get the news is from objective sources, and the most objective sources I have are the people on my staff who tell me what's happening in the world. [Fox News, 17 October 2003]
- It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet. [Arlington Heights (Illinois), 24 October 2000]
- I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavour for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves. [Washington (D.C.), 21 September 2003]
- As our Nation moves troops and builds alliances to make our world safer, we must also remember our calling, as a blessed country, to make this world better. [State Of The Union Address, 28 January 2003]
- There's an old saying in Tennessee – I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once, shame on – shame on you. Fool me – you can't get fooled again. [Nashville (Tennessee), 17 September 2002]
- See, we love – we love freedom. That's what they didn't understand. They hate things; we love things. They act out of hatred; we don't seek revenge, we seek justice out of love. [Oklahoma City, 29 August 2002]
- Well, first of all, I believe in an Almighty God, and I believe that all the world, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God. That's what I believe. [Al Arabiya, 05 October 2005]
- We look forward to analysing and working with legislation that will make – it would hope – put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see. [Washington (D.C.), 14 April 2005]
- The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the – the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice. [Washington (D.C.), 27 October 2003]
- There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons. [South Bend (Indiana), 05 September 2002]
- One of the interesting initiatives we've taken in Washington, D.C., is we've got these vampire-busting devices. A vampire is a – a cell deal you can plug in the wall to charge your cell phone. [Denver (Colorado), 14 August 2001]
- There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons. [South Bend (Indiana), 05 September 2002]
- And so – by the way, we rank 10th amongst the industrialized world in broadband technology and its availability. That's not good enough for America. Tenth is 10 spots too low as far as I'm concerned. [26 April 2004]
- When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and we knew exactly who they were. It was us versus them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there. [Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs (Iowa), 21 January 2000]
- He said well, he's going to raise the taxes on the rich. That's what he said. The top two brackets. That raises, he says, $800 billion. We say $600 billion. We've got battling green eyeshades. Somewhere in between those numbers. [2nd Bush-Kerry debate, St. Louis (Missouri), 08 October 2004]
- I'm sure there's a lot of people frightened – biotechnology is a long word and it sounds – they may say, well, I don't know if I'm smart enough to be in biotechnology, or it sounds too sophisticated to be in biotechnology. [Winston-Salem (North Carolina), 07 November 2003]
- In terms of the CO2 issue, I will explain as clearly as I can, today and every other chance I get, that we will not do anything that harms our economy. Because, first things first, are the people who live in America. That's my priority. [29 March 2001]
- Throughout the 20th century, small groups of men seized control of great nations, built armies and arsenals, and set out to dominate the weak and intimidate the world. In each case, their ambitions of cruelty and murder had no limit. [State Of The Union address, 28 January 2003]
- Going into this period, I was praying for strength to do the Lord's will. … I'm surely not going to justify the [Iraq] war based upon God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case, I pray to be as good a messenger of his will as possible. [quoted in Plan Of Attack by Bob Woodward]
- I didn't join the International Criminal Court because I don't want to put our troops in the hands of prosecutors from other nations. Look, if somebody has done some wrong in our military, we'll take care of it. We got plenty of capability of dealing with justice. [Niceville (Florida), 10 August 2004]
- I'm the commander – see, I don't need to explain – I don't need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an explanation. [Washington Post, 19 November 2002]
- More Muslims have died at the hands of killers than – I say more Muslims – a lot of Muslims have died – I don't know the exact count – at Istanbul. Look at these different places around the world where there's been tremendous death and destruction because killers kill. [Washington (D.C.), 29 January 2004]
- And so, in my State of the – my State of the Union – or state – my speech to the nation, whatever you want to call it, speech to the nation – I asked Americans to give 4,000 years – 4,000 hours over the next – the rest of your life – of service to America. That's what I asked – 4,000 hours. [Bridgeport (Connecticut), 09 April 2002]
- America has a message for the nations of the world: If you harbour terrorists, you are terrorists. If you train or arm a terrorist, you are a terrorist. If you feed a terrorist or fund a terrorist, you're a terrorist, and you will be held accountable by the United States and our friends. [22 November 2001]
- Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to report that. This isn't a contest of who's the most generous. I'm just telling you as an aside. We're generous. We shouldn't be bragging about it. But we are. We're very generous. [Washington, 16 July 2003]
- I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it. [June 2003]
- She's doing a fine job of coordinating interagency. She's doing what her – I mean – it shouldn'a – the, the, the role of the National Security Advisor is to not only provide good advice to the President, which she does on a regular basis – I value her judgment and her intelligence – uhh – but, uhh – her job is also to deal interagency, and to help unstick things that may get stuck – is the best way to put it. She's an unsticker. And – is she listening? Okay, well, she's doing a fine job. [Speaking of Condoleezza Rice, 28 October 2003]
- Anyway, I was sitting there, and my Chief of Staff – well, first of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake. And something was wrong with the plane, or – anyway, I'm sitting there, listening to the briefing, and Andy Card came and said, "America is under attack." And in the meantime, this teacher was going on about the curriculum, and I was thinking about what it meant for America to be under attack. It was an amazing thought. But I made up my mind that if America was under attack, we'd get them. … Anyway, it was an interesting day. [Describing his 'actions' (staring like a rabbit mesmerised by oncoming headlights whilst waiting for someone to tell him what to do) on 11 September 2001 during his publicity tour (sorry, school visit), 05 January 2002]
- … America's greatest opportunity is to create a balance of world power that favours human freedom . We will use our position of unparalleled strength and influence to build an atmosphere of international order and openness in which progress and liberty can flourish in many nations . … We defend this peace by opposing and preventing violence by terrorists and outlaw regimes ; we preserve it by building good relations among the world's great powers ; and we extend it by encouraging free and open societies on every continent . … With our allies, we must also confront the growing threat of regimes that support terror, seek chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, and build ballistic missiles . On this issue, the consequences of inaction could be catastrophic. At the same time, we have the best opportunity in generations to build a world where great powers cooperate in peace instead of continually prepare for war . The 20th century was dominated by a series of destructive national rivalries that left graveyards across the earth. Competition between great nations is inevitable, but armed conflict is not . … More than ever, we know that weak states, like Afghanistan, can pose a great danger to the peace of the world . … Free trade and free markets have proved their ability to lift whole societies out of poverty – so the US is working with the entire global trading community to build a world that trades in freedom and therefore grows in prosperity . … [12 September 2002]
- What if this eclipse really does spell the beginning of the end of the world? … What if, as we all stare hopefully upwards at the night sky, a ladder descends from the heavens? What if the creator steps gracefully down it to walk among us all in human form once more? [August 1999]
- As I predicted on BBC2 a few weeks ago, scientists have accepted, as a planet, the new discovery 2003 UB313. That's Xena to the likes of you and me. They have also reclassified Ceres, the asteroid, as a planet – and declared that Pluto's Moon, Charon, is a planet too. By tradition, we astrologers defer to the decisions of astronomers. If they say a heavenly body is important, we treat it with respect, even if previously we have all but ignored it. It's going to take us a while to learn to read these new dials on our dashboard but, eventually, you'll start to see us make even more accurate predictions. [Daily Mail, 26 August 2006]
- GUsh is like GUlf, and KATif is like KATrina. If you take 'KAT' from KATif and KATrina, you are left with 'IF' and 'RAIN.' If you support Gush Katif evacuation, it will rain. [spam]
- Simple human beings cannot fully understand what is going on, but the events certainly must be connected. It's statistically impossible to have two such great natural disasters like the recent tsunami in Asia and Katrina right after each other. This is the hand of God. He is saying something. [WorldNetDaily, 07 September 2005]
- Nearly every university in England has a department which is called the music department, and in others, where the Satanic influence is more, they call it the Royal College of Music. [The Times, 07 September 2007]
Heng-ming Chen, God's Salvation Church (a.k.a. God Saves the Earth Flying Saucer Association)
- At 10 A.M. on March 31, 1998, God shall make His appearance in the Holy Land of the Kingdom of God: 3513 Ridgedale Dr., Garland, TX. 75041 U.S.A. … I guarantee this on my life. 
Francisco Chimoio, Archbishop, Mozambique
- I know of two countries in Europe who are making condoms with virus on purpose, they want to finish with African people as part of their programme to colonise the continent. If we are not careful we will finish in one century. I also know some companies who are manufacturing anti-retroviral drugs already infected with the virus, also in order to finish quickly the African people. [26 September 2007]
- Illness and aging are an illusion. We can achieve an ageless body and a timeless mind by the sheer force of consciousness. If you think happy, you will have happy molecules.
Anjem Choudary / Anjum Chaudri
- We should not be surprised at people doing something like 7/7. How else do you expect Muslims to express themselves? We are a community under siege. It's going to blow up one day in everyone's faces. [protesting outside the Old Bailey trial of Mizanur Rahman, 01 November 2006]
- The very concept of Christmas contradicts and conflicts with the foundation of Islam. Every Muslim has a responsibility to protect his family from the misguidance of Christmas, because its observance will lead to hellfire. Protect your Paradise from being taken away – protect yourself and your family from Christmas. [The Telegraph, 10 December 2008]
- Either way, because Jesus was indeed a Muslim (submitter to the commands of God) and like the Muslims today, called mankind to obey the law of God as opposed to the law of man, and because he was labelled a radical fundamentalist and challenged, exposed and spoke out against the man-made ideas of freedom, democracy and secularism, the government of that time, because they hated his message, introduced their own anti-terror laws and interned him without trial in an attempt to suppress the true word of God. [MSN, 24 December 2008]
- No, at the end of the day innocent people – when we say innocent people we mean Muslims. As far as non-Muslims are concerned, they have not accepted Islam, and as far as we are concerned, that is a crime against God. [Stephen Sackur, interviewer: I want to be clear about what you are saying – this is very important – you are saying that only Muslims can count as innocent people?] As far as Muslims are concerned, you are innocent if you are a Muslim – then you are innocent in the eyes of God. If you are a non-Muslim, then you are guilty of not believing in God. [HARDtalk, 10 August 2005]
John J. Christman
- It is more realistic to support the idea that some being with or without the name "God" put the real world in place than to support the idea that the real world came into existence in some random fashion. [letter to St. Petersburg Times, Florida, in response to one of their columnists 'coming out' as an atheist, 13 August 2004]
St. Clement of Alexandria
- Every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman. [The Tutor]
- If life were to be found on a planet, then it would also have been contaminated by original sin and would require salvation. [statement to the Vatican]
Rev. Jesse Colson
- At the end of the Mesozoic, you begin to see evidence of a stunning moral decline. Bones of wives and children all alone, with the philandering husband's bones nowhere in sight. Heaps of fossilised species living together in unnatural defiance of biblical law. Researchers have even excavated entire orgies – hundreds of animals with their bones intertwined in lewd positions. Immorality was rampant. 
- They [American Indians] would make fine servants. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want.
Rev. Adrian Condit
- Satan had a big-time role in this. [speaking of his son's (Gary Condit – D) problems and his possible involvement in the disappearance of intern Chandra Levy, 05 September 2001]
Fr. Francis J. Connell
- … if they landed from a planet not affected by original sin, they would be unkillable. [warning pilots about encounters with UFOs, Time, 15 September, 1952]
Monsignor Paul Cordes
- Jesus heals illness and banishes sin. He therefore tells us that there is a link between sin and sickness. … I cannot say that someone is sick because he has sinned, but in the history of salvation, sickness is the consequence of sin. [quoted in The Guardian, 07 February 2002]
- As the publisher of a 13 year old periodical which targets Black gays and lesbians, I have had the opportunity to publicly address thousands, influencing closeted people to "come out" and stand up for them selves, which is particularly difficult in the African-American community. But now, I must come out of the closet again. I have recently experienced the power of change that came over me once I completely surrendered to the teachings of Jesus Christ. As a believer of the word of God, I fully accept and have always known that same-sex relationships are not what God intended for us. [Basically saying "fuck you" to the 38,000 subscribers and countless thousands of other black readers who now don't have their magazine, Venus, February 2007]
- God says "Earth is yours. Take it, rape it – it's yours". [Hannity & Colms, 22 June 2001]
- We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. [National Review, 13 September 2001]
- The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet – it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars – that's the Biblical view. [Jewish World Review13 October 2000]
William Lane Craig
- Should a conflict arise between the witness of the Holy Spirit to the fundamental truth of the Christian faith and beliefs based on argument and evidence, then it is the former which must take precedence over the latter, not vice versa. [Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth And Apologetics, 1994]
- The Bible says all men are without excuse. Even those who are given no good reason to believe and many persuasive reasons to disbelieve have no excuse, because the ultimate reason they do not believe is that they have deliberately rejected God's Holy Spirit. [Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth And Apologetics, 1994]
- Therefore, when a person refuses to come to Christ it is never just because of lack of evidence or because of intellectual difficulties: at root, he refuses to come because he willingly ignores and rejects the drawing of God's Spirit on his heart. No one in the final analysis really fails to become a Christian because of lack of arguments; he fails to become a Christian because he loves darkness rather than light and wants nothing to do with God. [Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth And Apologetics, 1994]
- What, then, should be our approach in apologetics? It should be something like this: "My friend, I know Christianity is true because God's Spirit lives in me and assures me that it is true. And you can know it is true, too, because God is knocking at the door of your heart, telling you the same thing. If you are sincerely seeking God, then God will give you assurance that the gospel is true. Now, to try to show you it's true, I'll share with you some arguments and evidence that I really find convincing. But should my arguments seem weak and unconvincing to you, that's my fault, not God's. It only shows that I'm a poor apologist, not that the gospel is untrue. Whatever you think of my arguments, God still loves you and holds you accountable. I'll do my best to present good arguments to you. But ultimately you have to deal, not with arguments, but with God himself." [Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth And Apologetics, 1994]
Creation Research UK website
- What we do know is that believers should not be surprised when things like this [terrorist attacks on World Trade Centre, 11/09/2001] happen, for Jesus warned very plainly that the world will become more violent before He returns. The root cause of this increasing violence is sin – sin which is rooted in the refusal to glorify The Lord as the God who created the universe (Rom. 1:16ff.). In recent Western culture this refusal has been built around evolution and the denial of a god of any sort. Throughout history it has been far more common to exchange "the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man – and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things." The consequence is that both secular humanism and false religions are left without any concept of The Lord who is the God in charge of history – past, present and future. [September 2001]
- Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you. [rises from table] Really. [points angrily at imaginary enemy] Fuck you. [face reddens] Period. [Rolling Stone 956, 11 August 2004]
- Both events have much in common. The public was unaware of the deliberate preparation that was schemed over the past few years to lead to these events. And while the public now understands from President Bush that "We're at War" with religious fanatics around the world, they don't have a clue that America is being attacked from within through its public schools by a militant religious movement called Darwinists. "Come on!" you might exclaim. "You're blowing a whistle on American scientists, the very cream of human genius. What evidence do you have for such an outrageous accusation?" To which I say, let this blatant video series speak for it. And let its support documents tell you of mind control beyond anything yet seen in public education. "Evolution" is PBS's assault that's coming to your children's classroom – not soon but now. [linking a TV series about evolution (a fact and not a religion) with the attack on the World Trade Centre, 14 October 2001]
Yaw Poku Dankwa, Information Director, Ghana Extension Of The African Hebrews
- Democracy is a divisive factor that creates a booming market for sin, with an alarming moral degeneration. [31 August 2004]
- I shall be telling the court that the Lord told me I didn't need insurance, and that that assurance is my divine protection. I have been licensed from heaven, and I will be giving the word of the Lord in court. [after having been stopped by police in South Wales who found he was driving with no insurance, MOT, or road tax, and had an unlicensed number plate of DEUT 818, The Scotsman, 20 April 2001]
- I do not recognise the authority of the court or the Parliament in England. God's word is the only law I recognise … On February 15, 1996, God told me I didn't need insurance, over-ruling, in my case, a sensible law. I was to trust Him for His protection, which I did. He has delivered me from possible death twice since then – praise God. [having been found guilty and ordered to pay £758.75 in fines, costs, and back duty to the DVLA, BBC News, 12 June 2001]
Senator Charles Davidson, Alabama - R
- The truth is that nowhere on the face of the earth, in all of time, were servants better treated or better loved than they were in the Old South by white, black, Hispanic and Indian slave owners.
- People who are bitter and hateful about slavery are obviously bitter and hateful against God and his word, because they reject what God says and embrace what mere humans say concerning slavery.
Keith Davidson, Education Director, British Union Conference Of Seventh Day Adventists
- The way science works is that you set up a hypothesis and test it and see if it is validated… There's absolutely no concrete evidence to prove evolution. [March 2002]
Don Davis, North Carolina - R
- There's a lot of it that's truth, the way I see it. Who came to this country first – the white man, didn't he? That's who made this country great. [commenting on an email he forwarded to every member of the state House and Senate ("Two things made this country great: White men & Christianity. Every problem that has arrisen [sic] can be directly traced back to our departure from God's Law and the disenfranchisement of White men."), 22 August 2001]
Dr. George DeHoff
- If God had wanted another "i" dotted or another "t" crossed, He would have had it done. The writers did not use one word unless God wanted that word used. They put in every word which God wanted them to put into the Bible. [Alleged Bible Contradictions Explained]
Tom DeLay, Texas - R
- Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on $4.25 an hour are hard to resist. Fortunately, such families do not exist. [Congressional Record H3706, 23 April 1996]
- Our school systems teach the children that they are nothing but glorified apes who are evolutionised out of some primordial soup of mud. [August 1999]
- Christianity offers the only viable, reasonable, definitive answer to the questions of 'Where did I come from?' 'Why am I here?' 'Where am I going?' 'Does life have any meaningful purpose?' … Only Christianity offers a way to understand that physical and moral border. Only Christianity offers a comprehensive worldview that covers all areas of life and thought, every aspect of creation. Only Christianity offers a way to live in response to the realities that we find in this world – only Christianity. [12 April 2002]
Dr Adel Al-Damkhi, Kuwait Human Rights Society (sic)
- …uttering profanities against Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the worst form of human rights violation in the world. Attacks on the values and tenets of Islam are extremely dangerous and unacceptable. [wanting YouTube to delete all videos that denegrate Islam, September 2008]
Senator Jeremiah Denton, Alabama - R
- Damn it, when you get married, you kind of expect you're going to get a little sex. [explaining his opposition to legislation to protect victims of rape within marriage, 1981]
Mufti Ebrahim Desai, Ask Imam Online
- No. [responding to the question "Assalamalaykum Muftisaab. Is it sunnah to peel bananas from the bottom? Jazakallah."]
- It is permissible to shower standing. [responding to the question "Is it permissable to take a shower while standing, or is it only permissable to bath while sitting."]
- We do not know what is mean by "FENG SHUI"? [responding to the question "Can we Muslims apply the principles of 'FENG SHUI' in our daily lives?"]
- We do not understand your question as everything existing is made up. [responding to the question "Does gravity exist or is it made up?"]
- It is permissible to sweep at night. That does not deprive one of the Barakat of the house. [responding to the question "Is it permissible to sweep at night? I've heared by sweeping at night you remove the barakat of the house."]
- Shari'ah does not permit a strange male to associate with a strange female before marriage in any way, talking, writing, etc. [responding to the question "Is it allowed in Islam for a fiance to write letters to his/her fiance?"]
- Pictures of animate objects is prohibited in the Shari'ah. It is not permissible to be part of anything prohibited in Shari'ah even while at work at university. [responding to the question "Is it ok to work at university in U.S.A , Where I have to deliver TV, VCR, Video camcorder ext… to the classrooms?"]
- It is true that the feet should not face the direction of the ka'bah whilst sleeping. In fact, it is not permissible to face the feet towards the ka'bah whether a person is sleeping or awake. (Shaami vol.1 pg.655; HM Saeed) [responding to the question ""Is it true that when sleeping your feet should not facing towards the directionof the kaba?" ]
- The slave girls refer to those non-Muslim woman who are captured in Jihaad by the Muslims. They are distributed among the warriors according to the laws of distributing spoils of war. [responding to the question "Allah has made only wives and slave-girls halal for men to have intercourcse with. Can you explain who these slave-girls are and what qualities do they have? In this age and times who can be classified as slave-girl? Since the possibility of acquiring a slave-girl like the earlier Muslims used to have them and also having multiple wives is next to impossible in these times, is there a derivative of a slave-girl that one could have? "]
- It is not permissible, since it resembles the non-Muslims. The Ulama have prohibited it. Furthermore, Rasulullah [Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] has also prohibited us to inculcate the practice of non-Muslims. (Ahsanul Fataawa) [responding to the question "What is the basis of wishing happy birthdays, as people get offended when I don't wish them?"]
- Music is expressly prohibited in many Ahaadith. Among the dominant purposes of our beloved Prophet (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) was to destroy musical instruments. (Mishkat vol.2). Ref. http://www.jamiat.org.za/v41ifta.html. [responding to the question, "Is ALL music haraam?"]
- It is advisable to sleep on one's right side facing the Qibla. Before sleeping, recite the four Quls, blow on your palms and pass them around your body. If you experience nightmares or bad dreams and wake up, spit lightly in that direction, recite Laa hawla wala quwwata illaa billaah and change your direction of sleep. [responding to the question "Best way of sleeping…What is the best way of sleeping as Ive heard that you shouldn't sleep on your stomach. [snipped bit about typical hypnopompic / hypnagogic experiences which weren't addressed]"]
- If a female was raped due to her not maintaining the laws of Hijaab, she is partly to be blamed as the rapist will be considered as being seduced by her revealing form and shape. She should make Tawbah (sincerely repent) by also adhering to the laws of Hijaab. [responding to the question "Could you please give me a detailed analysis of what a Virgin women should do after being raped. Please could you tell me if the Virgin female should perform any special prayers, fast etc. JazakAllah for your advise. 2)Has she lost her Vaginity as she was raped? 3)has she also lost her blessings?"]
- In the Sahih of Muslim, Hadhrat Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri (Radhiallaahu Anhu) narrates that Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, 'Let no women travel for more than three days (being the equivalent of 48 miles / 88 kms.) unless her husband or her Mahram is with her.' In view of the abovementioned Hadith, it is not permissible for women to travel alone. [responding to the question "Is it ok for my wife to travel to another state to visit a friend without me? She will be staying with the friend's family (mother, father, sister etc). I don't know the family very well because they lived overseas."]
- Evil dreams (including dreams about sex) are Shaytaani dreams. Dreams are not within our Ikhtiyaar (choice). Therefore, it is not within us to avoid bad dreams. However, if one sees bad dreams, he/she should spit lightly and recite 'Laa Hawla Walaa Quwwata illaa billaah'. Thereafter, change one's direction of sleep. Insha Allah, the dream will not have any effect on the person. [responding to the question "I would like to know is it good or bad when a single muslim person has dreams about intercourse."]
- Women can only wear gold and silver rings. (Fataawa Rahimiyah vol.9 pg.158). A man can wear a ring which is silver plaited. A man is allowed to wear a silver ring with the provision that its weight does not exceed 1 Mithqaal (4.374 grams) of silver. By virtue of of the silver plaiting, permission is granted to wear such a ring. However, one should still observe the weight restriction of 4.374 grams. [responding to the question "Salam, is it true that women can ONLY wear gold rings, and not platinum etc. jazakallah 2) is it true that men can wear a platinum ring that is silver plate? if so, then does this ring hve to be 4.5 grams?"]
- There are differences of opinion among the Ulama regarding the images on a digital camera. According to some Ulama, that is also Tasweer (picture making) which is prohibited. In such a situation, it is advisable to adopt Taqwa and abstain from posting your daughter's picture on the web camera. [responding to the question "I live in America and my whole family is in Pakistan, my daughter is 4 months old we have not taken her picture to send them as it is prohibited in islam. Is the use of Web camera permissible, if they do not take the print out of the picture, as we have heard that if it is live and remains on internet only then it is permissible"]
- It is not permissible for you to display images of human beings and insert music and sound loops on websites. This is assisting in sin. Allah Ta'ala states, 'And do not assist in sin.' (Maaidah) [responding to the question "I work as a web designer. This profession involves the displaying of human images (male, female) and insertion of music and sound loops in websites..earn from this source is haraam or halal? I work as a web designer. This profession involves the displaying of human images (male, female) and insertion of music and sound loops in websites. Now as a profession, I want to know if the money i earn from this source is haraam or halal? I've spoken to few people and they told me, the least rank of thought is to make sure that I'm not involved in 'making' those images and music. I only take sources given by my clients and in some cases take existing sources available on the internet and display them. So, please let me know of this issue. Jazakalah Khair."]
- Allah is our creator and ultimate Master. We, as his creations and slaves are obliged to express our servitude to Him Alone. If one does not submit his slavery to Allah, which of course is far more heinous and unjust to Allah in comparison to the 'injustices' of slavery and sexual relationship, etc. by a human master. Since the human being did not willingly submit to the ultimate Master, Allah, He condemns them to the unwilling slavery of his sincere slaves. And by understanding the powers of a man master, they may understand the Powers of the True Master, Allah. In fact, the concept of slavery should be regarded as a concept of mercy, as the heinous crime of rejecting Allah as our Master demands immediate terminating of life. Allah, our kind Master, has granted an opportunity to his very negators to enjoy a second chance of life and redirect it to the right avenue by submitting to Him as the ultimate Master. [responding to the question "Please explain the concept of slavery in Islaam. Is it alowed in this day and age? If there was an Islamic government then would slavery be allowed. Please explain te issue in detail as we are not knowledge in the islamic rulings."]
- But I notice at her [Elizabeth Edwards] farewell statement an odd aspect to her "three saving graces": She doesn't list faith in God as one of them: … Clearly Elizabeth Edwards wants to put her faith in something, be it hope or strength or anything. But not God. I wonder if it's just bitterness, that's she's been forsaken by more than just her estranged husband — that's she's been forsaken by Him. … Being anti-religion is cool, so Edwards' non-theological theology gets props from the neo-communists. Still, at her death bed and giving what most folks are calling a final goodbye, Elizabeth Edwards couldn't find it somewhere down deep to ask for His blessings as she prepares for the hereafter? I guess that nihilism I've been discussing reaches up higher into the hard-left precincts than I thought. [American Power, 06 December 2010]
- Glennand I are instruments of God and He is displeased at what has happened. Something spectacular will happen soon, you mark my words. … Each life is payback time. It's like paying off your credit-card. You carry the baggage of your former life. [at the launch of her book Why Me? My Life As A Healer, 11 March 1999]
Abdul Karim Dughmi, Justice (sic) Minister, Jordan
- All women killed in cases of honour are prostitutes. I believe prostitutes deserve to die. 
Mary Baker Eddy
- The less we think or know about hygiene, the less we are predisposed to sickness. [Science And Health With Key To The Scriptures]
Paul Eidelberg & Israel Hanukoglu
- We urge the American people to remind their president that the evil the nations do to Israel always strikes them. Pharaoh, Haman, Hitler and all the leaders of nations that have opposed the will of God for His people have perished or ended on the ash heaps of history. [Zionist sympathy for the Katrina victims, TheRaphi.com, September 2005]
Michael Eisner, Chief Executive, Disney
- We have no obligation to make history, we have no obligation to make art, we have no obligation to make a statement. To make money is our only objective.
Elephant Man (O'Neil Bryant)
- When yuh hear a Sodomite [lesbian] get raped / but a fi wi fault / it's wrong / two women gonna hock up inna bed / that's two Sodomites dat fi dead. [A Nuh Fi Wi Fault]
Jenna Elfman (Jenna Butala)
- You know how your head feels heavy when you're having a problem? It's actually mass that you can weigh. It's compressed mental energy. And the E-meter sees changes in that. [Explaining Scientology's auditing process, Mirabella, March 1999]
Hojatolislam Seyyed Ahmad Elmalhoda, Shia Cleric, Iran
- Women without the veil are a danger that the authorities underestimate. This situation is very serious in that if men see these bad women, they will turn into beasts, and then the whole of society will have to pay the consequences. [10 April 2008]
- A women who does not wear the entire veil is like a fire which burns anyone who comes into contact with her. Our youth, even those who are educated by families who believe and respect the words of the Prophet, when they come into contact with this fire they burn and become ash. [10 April 2008]
- The AIDs virus also discriminates on religious or political views. Those people who are liberals, or atheist, or agnostic, or buy into "new age" anything goes, are at high risk of getting AIDs and dying.
Sheik Yusuf Estes
- If it still doesn't work out then hit her how? Roll up a newspaper and give her a crack. Or take like a yard stick, something like this, and you can hit. [speaking of 'disobedient wives', West Virginia University, October 2005]
European Round Table Of Industrialists
- The provision of education is a market opportunity and should be treated as such. [Job Creation And Competitiveness Through Innovation, November 1998]
- It will be necessary sometimes to use falsehood as a remedy for the benefit of those who require such treatment. [The Preparation Of The Gospel]
- We shall introduce into this history in general only those events which may be useful first to ourselves and afterwards to posterity. [Ecclesiastical History]
- On some occasions the bodies of the martyrs who had been devoured by beasts, upon the beasts being strangled, were found alive in their stomachs.
Ayatullah Sayyid Muhammad Husayn Fadallah
- What martyrdom is greater than making yourself a human bomb detonating it among the enemy? What spiritualism is greater than this spiritualism in which a person loses all feeling of his body and life for the sake of his cause and mission? [199?]
Rev. Jerry Falwell
- If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
- Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them. [Crossfire, 17 May 1997]
- AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals. 
- It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. [speaking about the Bible, Finding Inner Peace and Strength]
- AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharaoh's charioteers.
- I listen to feminists and all these radical gals – most of them are failures. They've blown it. Some of them have been married, but they married some Casper Milquetoast who asked permission to go to the bathroom. These women just need a man in the house. That's all they need. Most of the feminists need a man to tell them what time of day it is and to lead them home. And they blew it and they're mad at all men. Feminists hate men. They're sexist. They hate men – that's their problem.
- The ACLU's got to take a lot of blame for this … But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way – all of them who have tried to secularise America – I point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.' … In other words, when the nation is on its knees, the only normal and natural and spiritual thing to do is what we ought to be doing all the time – calling upon God. [placing the blame for the World Trade Centre attacks, The 700 Club, 13 September 2001]
- You say what's going to happen on this earth when the Rapture occurs? You'll be riding along in an automobile; you'll be the driver, perhaps; you're a Christian; there'll be several people in the automobile with you, maybe someone who is not a Christian. When the trumpet sounds, you and the other born-again Christians in that automobile will be instantly caught away, you'll disappear, leaving behind only your clothing and physical things that cannot inherit eternal life. That unsaved person or persons in the automobile will suddenly be startled to find that the car is moving along without a driver, and suddenly somewhere crashes. Those saved people in the car have disappeared. Other cars on the highway driven by believers will suddenly be out of control. Stark pandemonium will occur on that highway and on every highway in the world where Christians are caught away from the world.
Musleh Faradhi, Islamic Forum Of Europe
- The blanket claim that women's witness is worth half that of men totally misses the complexities of Islamic law. In some limited areas of Islamic law, two female witnesses are required where one male witness will suffice. However, there are other areas where one female witness is sufficient. This issue would not affect most of the issues and cases dealt with by the sharia courts. [Sharia Bill Is Based On A False Premise, The Guardian, 22 June 2011]
- The spread of international AIDS was an attempt by the U.S. government to decimate the population of central Africa. 
- On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought [sic] I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't. I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher — not lower — than -8 but I'm not having it. I think Camelot are giving people the wrong impression — the card doesn't say to look for a colder or warmer temperature, it says to look for a higher or lower number. Six is a lower number than 8. Imagine how many people have been misled. [criticising The Cool Cash card (subsequently withdrawn because of this and other incidents) rather than her own education or lack thereof, Manchester Evening News, 03 November 2007]
Dr. Salih bin Fawzan
- Uninformed interference with Sharia rulings by the press and journalists is on the increase, posing dire consequences to society, including their interference with the question of marriage to small girls who have not reached maturity, and their demand that a minimum age be set for girls to marry. … The ulema have agreed that it is permissible for fathers to marry off their small daughters, even if they are in the cradle. But it is not permissible for their husbands to have sex with them unless they are capable of being placed beneath and bearing the weight of the men. And their capability in this regard varies based on their nature and capacity. Aisha was 6 when she married the prophet, but he had sex with her when she was 9. … It behooves those who call for setting a minimum age for marriage to fear Allah and not contradict his Sharia, or try to legislate things Allah did not permit. For laws are Allah's province; and legislation is his excusive right, to be shared by none other. And among these are the rules governing marriage. [Fatwa, July 2011]
- Brain: A physical organ inside the head that sends and receives messages through the nervous system. It is a physical part of the body, just as an arm, leg or the heart is. It has little to do with thinking. It can physically tell the body that something is hot and warn against touching it, but it doesn't make decisions for you or tell you how to act.
- It's got nothing to do with anyone whether I can support my kids or not. If we need support that's why we have a social service system surely. What is the problem. We are a large family. We don't bother no-one. We are entitled to live anywhere as well as anyone else is. I ain't going to be dictated to, nobody in their life is going to be dictated to and told how many kids you can have. That's not right. It's pissed me off so much with all the crap people keep writing and making up, do you know what I think I'll have another one. [Benefits Britain: Life On The Dole, Channel 5, 24 June 2014]
Caroline Flint, Government shill
- I can only confirm that no UK law enforcement agencies were involved in the matter. I am not at liberty to discuss the specific case in more detail. [refusing to answer queries regarding the seizure of Indymedia's servers and demonstrating our government's commitment to freedom (both of expression and information / accountability), 03 November 2004]
- I can confirm that no UK law enforcement agencies were involved in the matter referred to in the question posed by my hon. Friend. In the circumstances I do not therefore believe that it is necessary for me to make a statement. [refusing to answer queries regarding the seizure of Indymedia's servers and demonstrating our government's commitment to freedom (both of expression and information / accountability), 20 October 2004]
- I can confirm that my right hon. Friend the Home Secretary has had no discussions in regards to the matter referred to in the question posed by the hon. Member. In the circumstances I do not therefore believe that it is necessary for me to make a statement. [refusing to answer queries regarding the seizure of Indymedia's servers and demonstrating our government's commitment to freedom (both of expression and information / accountability), 02 November 2004]
Thomas L. Friedman
- The hidden hand of the market will never work without a hidden fist. McDonald's cannot flourish without McDonnell Douglas, the designer of the US Air Force F-15. And the hidden fist that keeps the world safe for Silicon Valley's technologies to flourish is called the US Army, Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps. [The Lexus And The Olive Tree]
Father John Furniss
- The little child is in this red hot oven. Hear how it screams to come out. See how it turns and twists itself about in the fire. It beats its head against the roof of the oven. It stamps its little feet on the floor of the oven. You can see on the face of this little child what you see on the faces of all in hell – despair, desperate and horrible! The same law which is for others is also for children. If children, knowingly and willingly, break God's commandments, they must also be punished like others. This child committed very bad mortal sins, knowing well the harm of what it was doing, and knowing that hell would be the punishment. God was very good to this child. Very likely God saw that this child would get worse and worse, and would never repent, and so it would have to be punished much more in hell. So God, in His mercy, called it out of the world in its early childhood. [The Sight Of Hell]
Norman Geisler & Thomas Howe
- Yes God has spoken, and He has not stuttered. The God of truth has given us the Word of Truth, and it does not contain any untruth in it. The Bible is the unerring Word of God. Inspiration includes not only all that the Bible explicitly teaches, but also everything the Bible touches. This is true whether the Bible is touching upon history, science, or mathematics. Whatever the Bible declares, is true – whether it is a major point or a minor point. [When Critics Ask]
Mel Gabler, Censor, Texas
- Too many textbooks and discussions leave students free to make up their minds about things.
- Allowing a student to come to his own conclusions about abstract concepts creates frustration. Ideas, situation ethics, anti-God humanism – that's what the schools are teaching. And concepts. Well, a concept never will do anyone as much good as a fact.
Rabbi Joseph Garlitzky, Chabad Lubavitch, Tel Aviv
- We don't have prophets who can tell us exactly what are God's ways, but when we see something so enormous as Katrina, I would say Bush and Rice need to make an accounting of their actions, because something was done wrong by America in a big way. And here there are many obvious connections between the storm and the Gaza evacuation, which came right on top of each other. No one has permission to take away one inch of the land of Israel from the Jewish people. [WorldNetDaily, 07 September 2005]
- Most Europeans have mistresses. Why should we suppress human instincts? A rooster satisfies several hens, an stallion several mares. A woman is unavailable during certain periods where as a man is always active. [Le Monde, 20 January 1979]
Sheik Mohammed al-Ghozali
- A secularist represents a danger to society and the nation that must be eliminated. It is the duty of the Government to kill him. [quoted by Yousef M. Ibrahim, International Herald Tribune, 19 August 1993]
Jennifer Giroux, Director, Women Influencing The Nation
- I believe that, when hetalks about New Orleans and a cloud of darkness hanging over an immoral city, he could be referring to any city in the United States. I believe that God will not be mocked. We talked about this just eight-and-a-half months ago with the tsunami. It's a very delicate theological issue, as we talked about then. You know, all of us have a sinful nature. And many innocent people suffer, along with those that perhaps were engaged in sinful activity. But let's look at the state at which our country is in, abortion, contraception, homosexuality, cloning, I mean, it all really comes together in one big picture. Why do you think those like myself and those in my organization that voted for President Bush are outraged that he is saying he doesn't have a litmus test? Abortion is an abomination, an offence and mocks God. … I believe that the innocent, historically and biblically – and I believe Bill Donahue would agree with this – the good have always suffered with the bad. That is not for us to understand. I believe God has historically allowed disasters and punishments to happen as a form of chastisement. We can go back as far as when God liberated the Jews and allowed Passover to happen and innocent first-born Egyptian babies to die to allow the Jews out of exile. [Scarborough Country, 05 October 2005]
- We cannot discover by scientific investigation anything about the creative processes used by the Creator. [Evolution? The Fossils Say No!, 1985]
Rev. Terry Glidden
- Just last week I saw two homosexual men at the supermarket. The supermarket! In broad daylight! That's what you get when you worship the creation instead of the creator. [Washington Post, 05 October 1999]
Joe Glover, Family Policy Network
- It's sad to see people celebrate such a destructive way of life. The people who do this are merely trying to fill a God-sized void in their lives that can only be filled by Jesus Christ. [objecting to Disney's 'Gay-Days', 04 June 2001]
- A Jew is for me an object of disgust. I feel like vomiting when I see one. Christ could not possibly have been a Jew. It is not necessary to prove that scientifically – it is a fact.
- God gave the saviour to the German people. We have faith, deep and unshakeable faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany. [speaking of Hitler]
- Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship … Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. [Nuremberg Trials]
Armando Martinez Gomez, Association Of Catholic Lawyers, Mexico
- It is simply not the will of God to have acts of homosexuality. We are not against gay people, but we believe in a union between a man and a women for the creation of children. [16 March 2007]
- On August 14, citizens in the United States, like people around the world, heard about the issuing of an order for the forced evacuation of Jews from parts of Israel's biblical land. … While this was taking place, a small tropical depression was forming near the Bahamas in the Atlantic Ocean. Slowly, as the air began to revolve, the nonthreatening weather system began moving in the direction of Florida. … As today unfolds we are bracing to see wind and water pounding homes, whole communities, into the ground. Is this some sort of bizarre coincidence? Not for those who believe in the God of the Bible and the immutability of His Word. What America is about to experience is the lifting of God's hand of protection; the implementation of His judgment on the nation most responsible for endangering the land and people of Israel. … Can't you see the link, America? Won't you see the link? [Jerusalem Newswire, 29 August 2005]
- This is one wicked city, OK? It's known for Mardi Gras, for Satan worship. It's known for sex perversion. It's known for every type of drugs and alcohol and the orgies and all of these things that go on down there in New Orleans. [sympathy for those in New Orleans, 03 October 2005]
Katharine Graham, Publisher, Washington Post
- We live in a dirty and dangerous world. There are some things the general public does not need to know, and shouldn't. I believe democracy flourishes when the government can take legitimate steps to keep its secrets and when the press can decide whether to print what it knows. [speech to CIA recruits, Langley, Virginia, 1988]
Stephen Green, Christian Voice
- … the less than 1% of the population who are unfortunately homosexual. [Homosexuality And The Police, December 2003]
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, infallible, written Word of God to whose precepts given for the good of nations and individuals, all man's laws must submit. We believe all government to be under the authority of God and that its purpose is the maintenance of freedom and justice solely in accordance with Biblical principles. [Mission Statement]
- … this mentally disturbed group. … Hospitals are full of poor, deluded people some of whom think they are Queen Victoria, or Elvis Presley, or even Jesus Christ. Gender reassignment surgery is akin to treating a man who sincerely and unshakeably believes he is Long John Silver by cutting off his leg and prescribing him a parrot. It merely adds to the confusion, in every sense. [Homosexuality And The Police, December 2003]
- Homosexual police are involved in some of the most disgusting perversions imaginable; … corrupted by what they do; … Their whole life is lived in denial; how can they be expected to tell the truth in Court? … Their sexual behaviour is deviant and indecent; … Many homosexual men will have been interfered with at a young age, and be sexually attracted to boys of around that age as a result; … officers who commit acts which are an abomination in the eyes of Almighty God? [Homosexuality And The Police, December 2003]
John Gribben & Stephen Plagemann
- In 1982, when the Moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars and with the other seven planets of the solar system, Los Angeles will be destroyed. [The Jupiter Effect, 1974]
Radheshyam Gupta, Spokesman, The Uttar Pradesh Cow Protection Commission
- Even if the enemy [Pakistan] carries out its threat to bomb us with nukes, we don't have to panic, because we have sacred cows to help us. You can fully protect yourself from nuclear fallout by covering the roof of your house with cow dung. And applying sacred cow dung paste to your body from head to toe will serve as an extra shield. … we also promote sacred cow products like urine and dung, which have powerful medicinal properties. Ordinary people cannot afford expensive protective clothing against radiation, so they need to be informed that sacred cow dung will protect them from against nuclear fallout, and also from radiation burns. [Press Conference, Lucknow, 24 June 2002]
Frank Hague, Mayor, Jersey City
- As long as I am mayor of this city the great industries are secure. We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to myself, "That man is a Red, that man is a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that." [02 April 1938]
Ken Ham, Answers In Genesis
- Nothing will be found out there in observational science that contradicts what the Bible is teaching. Doh!
- I swear to god it took more than two hours [to rape her]. Her soul would not leave her body, it took over half an hour [to kill her, and five minutes to be garrotted]. I swear to god, my foot was on her back. I was kicking or stamping on her neck to get her soul out. She was stark naked, only wearing pants and underwear. [speaking of his murder of Banaz Mahmood, secretly taped during prison awaiting trial, 2007]
Abu Hamza (Mustafa Kamel Mustafa)
- The person who hinders Allah's rule, this man must be eliminated.
- It is not called suicide – this is called shahada, martyring, because if the only way to hurt the enemies of Islam except by taking your life for that, then it is allowed.
- Make sure that the person who gave him the licence for that wine shop doesn't exist any more on the Earth. Finish him up. Give him Dawa. If he doesn't respect Dawa, kill him.
Sheik Gad Al Haq Ali Gad Al Haq
- … a noble practice which does honour to women. [explaining female genital mutilation]
Ijaz-ul-Haq, Religious Affairs Minister, Iran
- If somebody has to attack by strapping bombs to his body to protect the honour of the Prophet then it is justified. [commenting on Salman Rushdie's knighthood, The Times, 19 June 2007]
Mohammed Rahim Haqqani
- We want to send the message that only Islam has the capability of bringing peace and stability in the world. The West has failed. … The Taliban are the practitioners of the pure Deoband Islamic thought. They have implemented laws in the real spirit of Islam. [09 April 2001]
- Nothing could be more anti-Biblical than letting women vote. [Editorial, November 1853]
- As a long-term fan of your excellent mag, I have never found anything to complain about. That all changed after I read Anthony O'Neill's 'World Of Spellcraft' in your October issue (Harry Potter feature). The Clavis Solomonis and the Book Of Abramelin are dangerous, and although the article was tongue-in-cheek, any kind of promotion of these books really should come with a health warning. These grimoires are not a harmless bit of fun and can lead to the destruction of people's lives. Let's just hope for Mr. O'Neill's sake we don't have a surge of demonic-influenced teenagers after this light-hearted look at a very serious matter indeed. [Empire, January 2011]
- In Islam, to believe is to know. To disbelieve is not to know. That is what it fundamentally comes down to; it is to remain ignorant; to cover up knowledge. After all, what is 'kaffar'? Kaffar comes from the root word which means to cover up, to conceal. The kaffar is the one who covers up that knowledge which is clear. [February 2009]
- The kaffar, the disbelievers, the atheists who remain deaf and stubborn to the teachings of Islam, the rational message of the Quran ; they are described in the Quran as, quote, "a people of no intelligence", Allah describes them as; not of no morality, not as people of no belief – people of "no intelligence" – because they're incapable of the intellectual effort it requires to shake off those blind prejudices, to shake off those easy assumptions about this world, about the existence of God. In this respect, the Quran describes the atheists as "cattle", as cattle of those who grow the crops and do not stop and wonder about this world. [February 2009]
- If humans evolved from monkeys/apes, then why are their still monkeys and apes roaming the planet.
[Losing Their Religion: The Hidden Crisis Of Faith Among Britain's Young Muslims , The Guardian, 17 May 2015]
Hojatolislam Gholam Reza Hassani
- Women who do not respect the hijab and their husbands deserve to die. I do not understand how these women who do not respect the hijab, 28 years after the birth of the Islamic Republic, are still alive. These women and their husbands and their fathers must die. [19 December 2007]
Senator Orrin Hatch, Utah - R
- Capital punishment is our society's recognition of the sanctity of human life. [supporting the death penalty]
John Hayter, Royal Protection Unit
- I see my lot have murdered someone again. Oh well, shit happens. [expressing sympathy for Ian Tomlinson's death, Facebook, 11 April 2009]
Richard Helms, Director, CIA
- One in 10 chance perhaps, but save Chile! … not concerned with risks involved … $10,000,000 available, more if necessary … make the economy scream. [discussing a plan to destabilise the democratically elected government of Chile, under President Salvador Allende]
Thomas Hesse, President, Sony BMG's Global Digital Business Division
- Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it? [commenting on proprietary DRM code that interferes with Windows and is very hard to remove even by those people who know what they're doing, NPR Radio, 04 November 2005]
Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali, Mufti Of Australia
- But in the event of adultery, the responsibility falls 90 per cent of the time with women. Why? Because the woman possesses the weapon of seduction. [Ramadan sermon, September 2006]
- September 11 is God's work against oppressors. Some of the things that happen in the world cannot be explained; a civilian airplane whose secrets cannot be explained, if we ask its pilot who reached his objective without error: 'Who led your steps?' Or if we ask the giant that fell: 'Who humiliated you?' Or if we ask the president: 'Who made you cry?' God is the answer. 
- Why, Rafihi? He says, because if she hadn't left the meat uncovered, the cat wouldn't have snatched it. If you take a kilo of meat, and you don't put it in the fridge, or in the pot, or in the kitchen, but you put in on a plate and placed it outside in the yard. Then you have a fight with the neighbour because his cats ate the meat. Then (inaudible). Right or not? If one puts uncovered meat out in the street, or on the footpath, or in the garden, or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, then the cats come and eat it, is it the fault of the cat or the uncovered meat? The uncovered meat is the problem! If it was covered the cat wouldn't have. It would have circled around it and circled around it, then given up and gone. If she was in her room, in her house, wearing her hijab, being chaste, the disasters wouldn't have happened. The woman possesses the weapon of seduction and temptation. That's why Satan says about the woman, "You are half a soldier. You are my messenger to achieve my needs. You are the last weapon I would use to smash the head of the finest of men. There are a few men that I use a lot of things with, but they never heed me. But you? Oh, you are my best weapon." [Ramadan sermon, September 2006]
- I feel very honoured that they are most likely going to kill me for what I did. I'm certainly, to be quite honest, I'm expecting a great reward in heaven for my obedience. [killer in 1994 of Dr. John Britton, an abortion doctor, 2003]
- When you don't give money, it shows that you have the devil's nature. [Praise-a-thon (TBN), 04 April 1991]
- I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so. [speaking privately, quoted in the diary of SS Adjutant Gerhard Engel, October 1941]
- I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord's work. [Reichstag speech, 1936]
- The anti-Semitism of the new movement [Christian Social movement] was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge. [Mein Kampf]
- Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. [Mein Kampf]
- Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it. [Mein Kampf]
- Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith … we need believing people. [from a speech made during negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordant, 26 April 1933]
- My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognised these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. [My New Order]
- When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited. [My New Order]
- The great masses of the people in the very bottom of their hearts tend to be corrupted rather than consciously and purposely evil … therefore, in view of the primitive simplicity of their minds, they more easily fall a victim to a big lie than to a little lie, since they themselves lie in little things, but would be ashamed of lies that were too big. [Mein Kampf]
- The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfil God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will. [Mein Kampf]
- The great masses of people do not consist of philosophers; precisely for the masses, faith is often the sole foundation of a moral attitude. The various substitutes have not proved so successful from the standpoint of results that they could be regarded as a useful replacement for previous religious creeds. But if religious doctrine and faith are really to embrace the broad masses, the unconditional authority of the content of this faith is the foundation of all efficacy. [Mein Kampf]
Hizb ut-Tahrir, Draft Constitution
- Those who are guilty of apostasy (murtadd) from Islam are to be executed according to the rule of apostasy, provided they have by themselves renounced Islam. … [Article 7c]
- The only evidences to be considered for the divine rules (aHkaam shar'iyyah) are: the Qur'an, the Sunnah, the consensus of the Companions (ijmaa' us-SaHaabah) and analogy (qiyaas). Legislation cannot be taken from any source other than these evidences. [Article 12]
- … Any party not established on the basis of Islam is prohibited. [Article 21]
- Sovereignty belongs to the divine law (shara') and not to the people. … [Article 22.1]
- The primary role of a woman is that of a mother and wife. She is an honour ('ird) that must be protected. [Article 108]
- Segregation of the sexes is fundamental, they should not meet together except for a need that the shar' allows or for a purpose the shar' allows men and women to meet for, such as trading or pilgrimage (Hajj). [Article 109]
- Women live within a public and private life. Within their public life, they are allowed to live with other women, maHram males [males forbidden to them in marriage] and foreign men (whom they can marry) on condition that nothing of the women's body is revealed, apart from her face and hands, and that the clothing is not revealing nor her charms displayed. Within the private life she is not allowed to live except with women or her maHram males and she is not allowed to live together with foreign men. In both cases she has to restrict herself with the rules of shara'. [Article 113]
- Women are forbidden to be in private (khulwah) with any men they can marry, they are also forbidden to display their charms or to reveal their body in front of foreign men. [Article 114]
- Marital lives is one of tranquillity and companionship. The responsibility of the husband on behalf of his wife (qiwaamah) is one of taking care, and not ruling. She is obliged to obey her husband and he is obliged to meet the costs of her livelihood according to a fair standard of living (ma'roof).
- Jizyah (head-tax) is collected from the non-Muslims (dhimmis). It is to be taken from the mature men if they are financially capable of paying it. It is not taken from women or children. [Article 140]
- The purpose of education is to form the Islamic personality in thought and behaviour. Therefore, all subjects in the curriculum must be chosen on this basis. [Article 166]
- The goal of education is to produce the Islamic personality and to provide people with the knowledge connected with life's affairs. Teaching methods are established to achieve this goal; any method that leads to other than this goal is prevented. [Article 167]
- Political manoeuvres are necessary in foreign policy, and the effectiveness of these manoeuvres is dependent on concealing (your) aims and disclosing (your) acts. [Article179]
- But Americans – whether policymakers, moviemakers, generals or working stiffs – cannot ignore the role that religious backlash now plays in promoting social disintegration and ethnic conflicts abroad that require U.S. intervention to resolve. [Washington Post, 23 December 2001]
- You and I have been physically given two hands and two legs and a half-decent brain. Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another lifetime. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap. [The Times, 30 January 1999]
- I have been here before as a spirit; this is just my physical body. It is just an overcoat, and at death you will take that overcoat off and the spirit will go on in the spirit realm. I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. At the moment, there is an imbalance. Why are some people born into the world with terrible physical deformities while other families may be physically perfect? [BBC, May 1988]
Harold Holt, Prime Minister, Australia
- With 500,000 to a million communist sympathisers knocked off, I think it's safe to assume a reorientation has taken place. [Describing the Indonesian massacres, New York Times, 06 July 1966]
The Holy Conception Unit
- The Holy Bible is the historical record book of the so-called Negroes and so-called Indians scattered throughout North, Central, South America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Hispaniola, the West Indian Islands and all the lands throughout the four corners of the earth.
- I am very happy and proud of what my son did and, frankly, am a bit jealous. I wish I had done [it]. My son has fulfilled the Prophet's wishes. He has become a hero! Tell me, what more could a father ask? … My prayer is that Saeed's brothers, friends and fellow Palestinians will sacrifice their lives, too. There is no better way to show God you love him. [commenting on his 22-year-old son Saeed's suicide bombing in Israel which killed 21 people on 01 June 2001]
- The purpose if the New Age Movement is to get everybody together under one government, one religion, and then institute Lucifer to be the leader.
- See, God has got plans for His kids. He is going to fix it back like it used to be; you are going to be able to have your own pet dinosaur for 1000 years, fixed back like it used to be.
- Secondly, man was hunting them [dinosaurs]. Back in those days they called them dragons. They killed the dragons for meat. There would be a lot of hamburger in one brachiosaurus. You could feed the village for a while, right? Or because they were a menace, or just to be a hero; "I slew the dragon." [Creation Seminar Online (Part 3a) Dinosaurs and the Bible]
- They know that evolution is the only philosophy that can be used to justify their political agenda of: i. Communism. ii. Racism. iii. Abortion. iv. Nazism. v. Socialism. vi. Gay rights. vii. Women's liberation. viii. Extreme environmentalism. ix. Euthanasia. x. Pornography. xi. Humanism. xii. New Age Movement.
- There is definitely a conspiracy, but I don't think that it is a human conspiracy. I don't believe there is a smoke-filled room where a group of men get together, and decide to teach evolution in all the schools. I believe that it is at a much higher level. I believe that it is a Satanic conspiracy. The reason these different people come to the same conclusion is not because they all met together; it is because they all work for the devil. He is their leader and they don't even know it.
- I don't call it rioting, I call it an insurrection of the masses of the people. It is happening in Syria, it is happening in Clapham, it is happening in Liverpool, it is happening in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad, and that is the nature of the historical moment. … Have some respect for an old West Indian negro and stop accusing me of rioting. Have some respect, I have grandchildren. You [Fiona Bruce, interviewer] sound like an idiot. [BBC, 09 August 2011]
Lafayette Ron Hubbard
- I'm drinking lots of rum and popping pinks and greys. [Letter to his wife, 1967]
- It doesn't give me displeasure to hear of a virgin being raped. The lot of women is to be fornicated. [Affirmations, 1947]
- They smell of all the baths they didn't take. The trouble with China is, there are too many chinks here. [Diary entry, 1927]
- Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion. [Reader's Digest reprint, May 1980, also quoted in the New York Times, 11 July 1984]
- Self analysis cannot revive the dead. Self analysis will not empty insane asylums or stop wars. These are the tasks of the dianetic auditor and the group dianetic technician. … A man could go mad simply reading this book. [Self Analysis, 1951]
- We, by the way, have generated atomic fission without the use of uranium. This is not a difficult thing to do. All you do is synthesize a gamma ray and synthesize some other rays and by concentrating them, you can get an atomic explosion. [Radiation, lecture 05 November 1956]
- Handling truth is a touchy business also. You don't have to tell everything you know – that would jam the comm lines too. Tell an acceptable truth. … So PR becomes the technique of communicating an acceptable truth – and which will attain the desirable result. [PR Series 2, The Missing Ingredient, 13 August 1970]
- The purpose of the suit is to harass and discourage rather than to win. The law can be used very easily to harass, and enough harassment on somebody who is simply on the thin edge anyway, well knowing that he is not authorized, will generally be sufficient to cause his professional decease. If possible, of course, ruin him utterly. [A Manual On The Dissemination Of Material, 1955]
- Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer. Not smoking enough will cause lung cancer! If anybody is getting a cancerous activity in the lung, the probabilities are that it's radiation dosage coupled with the fact that he smokes. And what it does is start to run out the radiation dosage, don't you see. [SHSBC 35, 6107C19, Question & Answer Period: Auditor Effect On Meter, 19 October 1969]
- Scientology is the study of knowledge in its fullest sense. … brings you truth … brings you Total Freedom … applies modern scientific methodology to resolve the problems posed by philosophy, and has come up with the answers … deals with mental anatomy … is an aim at total knowledge … is applied philosophy. [Dianetics: Evolution Of A Science, quoted in the Foster Report, HMSO, December 1971]
O. B. Huntington
- Astronomers and philosophers have, from time almost immemorial until very recently, asserted that the moon was uninhabited, that it had no atmosphere, etc. But recent discoveries, through the means of powerful telescopes, have given scientists a doubt or two upon the old theory. Nearly all the great discoveries of men in the last half century have, in one was or another, either directly or indirectly, contributed to prove Joseph Smith to be a Prophet. As far back as 1837, I know that he said the moon was inhabited by men and women the same as this earth, and that they lived to a greater age than we do—that they live generally to near the age of 1000 years. He described the men as averaging near six feet in height, and dressing quite uniformly in something near the Quaker style. [The Inhabitants Of The Moon, The Young Woman's Journal, Vol 03, 1891-1892 ]
- This is the dog we want to hit, to strike, to kill. He's mocking Islam and he's putting doubts in people's minds. [plotting to kill RE teacher Gary Smith, 07 July 2010]
- Do I feel for the people who died [in the Bali bombings]? Not as much as for those 200 Afghani people that gave me and my children shelter. Why? Because they were holidaying in someone's country, sometimes engaging in child pornography or pedophilia or drug taking. [Syndey Morning Herald, 05 February 2008]
- I wish I had died in the accident, as it happened at a holy hour and in a holy place. [Displaying 'sympathy' for the 100+ people who died when a crane collapsed during a strong storm, Mecca: Saudi King Vows To Find Cause Of Hajj Crane Tragedy, The Guardian, 13 September 2015]
Ice Cube (O'Shea Jackson)
- So don't follow me up and down your market or your little chop suey ass will be a target. So pay your respects to the black fist or we'll burn your store right down to a crisp. [Death Certificate, 1991]
Ignatius of Loyola, Spanish Founder Of The Society Of Jesus (Jesuits)
- We should always be disposed to believe that that which appears white is really black, if the hierarchy of the Church so decides. [Exercitia Spiritualia, 1541]
- A woman should endure any violence or torture imposed on her by her husband for she is fully at his disposal. Without his permission she may not leave her house even for a good action (such as charitable work). Otherwise her prayers and devotions will not be accepted by God and curses of heaven and earth will fall upon her.
Pope Innocent III
- Use against heretics the spiritual sword of excommunication, and if this does not prove effective, use the material sword.
- The first proposition, that the sun is the centre and does not revolve around the earth, is foolish, absurd, false in theology, and heretical, because expressly contrary to Holy Scripture. The second proposition, that the earth is not the centre but revolves around the sun, is absurd, false in philosophy, and from a theological point of view at least, opposed to the true faith. [Judgement on Galileo, 1616]
Institute For Policy Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan
- There is latent poison present in the subheading Energy Causes Changes because it gives the impression that energy is the true cause rather than Allah. Similarly it is unIslamic to teach that mixing hydrogen and oxygen automatically produces water. The Islamic way is this: when atoms of hydrogen approach atoms of oxygen, then by the Will of Allah water is produced. 
- It is not possible that the Gospels can be either more or fewer in number than they are, for there are four zones of the world and four principal winds.
- If women have felt so terribly threatened by the accident at Chernobyl, that is because of the irreducible relation of their bodies to the universe. [A chance for life: Limits To The Concept Of The Neuter And The Universal In Science And Other Disciplines, 1993]
- Is E = MC2 a sexed equation? Perhaps it is. Let us make the hypothesis that it is insofar as it privileges the speed of light over other speeds that are vitally necessary to us. What seems to me to indicate the sexed nature of the equation is not directly its uses by nuclear weapons, rather it is having privileged what goes the fastest. [Sujet De Le Science, Sujet Sexué?, 1987]
Maulana Mohavya Irshad
- I'm ready to become a suicide bomber and lay down my life for Islam. Democracy is wrong. Earth belongs to God and God's law must be implemented. I hope Britain and the rest of the world will have Sharia Law this century. We will continue to sacrifice our lives to achieve this. [30 December 2007]
- We definitely want to see Sharia law in place here. We want to see it implemented for everyone. Only then will there be harmony and there will be peace and justice amongst mankind. [protesting about the arrest of the 7/7 terrorists, April 2007]
Pastor Joe Ita
- We base our faith on the Bible, we are led by the holy spirit and we have a programme of exposing false religion and sorcery. We are the only ones who really know the secrets of witches. Parents don't come here with the intention of abandoning their children, but when a child is a witch then you have to say "what is that there? Not your child." The parents come to us when they see manifestations. But the secret is that, even if you abandon your child, the curse is still upon you, even if you kill your child the curse stays. So you have to come here to be delivered afterwards as well. We know how they operate. A witch will put a spell on its mother's bra and the mother will get breast cancer. But we cannot attribute all things to witches, they work on inclinations too, so they don't create HIV, but if you are promiscuous then the witch will give you HIV.[The Observer, 09 December 2007]
Abu Izzadeen (Trevor Brooks)
- I want to be blown into pieces, with my hands in one place and my feet in another. [as reported in Undercover In The Academy Of Hatred, Times Online, 03 July 2005]
- You don't want to live in a Shariah? Well, when it comes, I'm sure you'll change your mind! [interview with Richard Watson, Saviour Sect, BBC, 24 September 2005]
- Whoever allies himself with the Kaffirs against the believers, he is one of them. So those so-called enemies to Allah who join the British Government – 'cos remember the British Government, my dear Muslim brothers, are crusaders, crusaders come to kill and rape Muslims – whoever joins them is a mortal Kaffir. And his only hukum is for his head to be removed.
- I would say about those who do suicide operations or martyrdom operations is they're completely praiseworthy. I have no allegiance to the Queen whatsoever or to British society, in fact if I see mujahideen attack the UK I am always standing with the Muslims, never against the Muslims. I would never denounce the bombings, even if my own family was to suffer, because we always stand with the Muslims regardless of the consequences. [Newsnight, 02 August 2005]
Rabbi Shlomo Ben-Izri, Shas Deputy Health Minister
- The choice is disgraceful for me as a Jew. The Jewish people have always been a light unto the nations. They will now be a darkness unto the nations. Everyone abroad will say: 'Look at those Jews and what they are sending to perform, some kind of crossbreed'. Dana is an abomination. Even in Sodom there was nothing like it. [regarding Dana International (Sharon Cohen) before she went on to win the 1998 Eurovision Song Contest]
Qudratullah Jamal, Taliban Information Minister
- All we are breaking is stones. These idols have been gods of the infidels. [regarding the destruction of Afghanistan's Buddha statues in Bamiyan, March 2001]
- I regret saying these things, they were just soundbites, slogans. I do not want to see Denmark being bombed or the USA. I was disappointed I said these things. I made the statements in an emotionally charged atmosphere. These things were the only thing that came into my mind. [03 January 2007]
- My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, we need to understand why we are here today. To declare that we will not stand for what Denmark did …We will not stand for what France, for what Europe, for what the whole of the disbelievers and the Western world are united for. You have declared war against Allah and his Messenger. You have declared war against the Muslim community, for which you will pay a heavy price. Take lesson of Theo van Gogh. Take lesson of the Jews of Khaybar. Take lessons for what you can see, for you will pay with your blood. Denmark, you will pay. Denmark, you will pay, you will pay. With your blood, with your blood, with your blood. Bomb, bomb Denmark. Jihad is the path of God. Democracy, hypocrisy. Democracy go to hell. Denmark go to hell. Freedom go to hell. Bomb, bomb Denmark. Denmark watch your back. Zarqawi is coming back. Bomb, bomb USA. Bomb, bomb Denmark. [03 February 2006]
- Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood … Vaccination never saved human life. It does not prevent smallpox. [The Golden Age, 04 February 1931]
- How it may be Lawful and Fitting to use Falsehood as a Medicine, and for the Benefit of those who Want to be Deceived. [12th Book Of Evangelical Preparation]
John, Bishop Of Nikiu
- And in those days there appeared in Alexandria a female philosopher, a pagan named Hypatia, and she was devoted at all times to magic, astrolabes and instruments of music, and she beguiled many people through Satanic wiles. [Chronicle 84.87]
- Listen to me Mr. Ambassador. Fuck your parliament and your constitution. America is an elephant, Cyprus is a flea. If these two fleas continue itching the elephant, they may just get whacked by the elephant's trunk, whacked good. … We pay a lot of good American dollars to the Greeks. If your Prime Minister gives me talk about democracy, parliament and constitutions, he, his parliament and his constitution may not last very long. [speaking to the Greek Ambassador regarding Cyprus, 1964]
- Over the years of our history our forces have gone forth into many lands, but always they returned when they were no longer needed. For the purpose of America is never to suppress liberty, but always to save it. The purpose of America is never to take freedom, but always to return it; never to break peace but to bolster it, and never to seize land but always to save lives. One month ago it became my duty to send our marines into the Dominican Republic , and I sent them for these same ends. 
- The objective [of 'Intelligent Design'] is to convince people that Darwinism is inherently atheistic, thus shifting the debate from creationism vs. evolution to the existence of God vs. the non-existence of God. From there people are introduced to the truth of the Bible and then the question of sin and finally introduced to Jesus. [Reclaiming America For Christ, 1999]
- The testimony of women is not accepted as valid because of the lightheadedness and brashness of the female sex. [Antiquities, IV 219]
Tessa Jowell, Secretary Of State For Culture Media & Sport
- The building most closely associated with Holmes is 221b Baker Street. I would be only too pleased to consider listing that building Grade I should such a request come forward. [The Guardian, 13 February 2007]
Mufti Muhammad Kadwa, Ask Imam Online
- Three things are beneficial for the eyesight; a) Looking towards the name of Allah, b) Recitation of the Qur'aan, b) Looking at greenery. Furthermore, protecting the eyes from casting evil glances is also imperative. Refrain from watching television. It is neither good for your eyes nor your spiritual self. [responding to the question "Is there any duas I could make for problems with 'light sensitive eyes'. This is causing me headaches and eye pain every time I sit in front of the computer or TV. I realize that there are duas such as reciting 'ya-nooro' 11 times after fardh salaat but they are mainly for people with week eyesight. Please can you prescribe a dua for light sensitive eyes if possible."]
Rabbi Allen Kaplan
- Your Jewish soul died the day that you sold it to the purveyors of murder. Your soul, my dear, is petrified and lost. [email to Deborah Fink, of Jews for Justice for Palestinians]
- Well if God sent His angel or He clearly ordered me to kill my mother or torture her, yes I would I am a servant of God. It might be a test of faith to see I'd be willing to do it. [in response to "So if your god told you to kill your mother, would you do it? What if it said it had to be through a slow, torturous evisceration? What if it told you to begin feasting on her entrails before she's even dead? What if it told you to gather all of your children around, and explain to them that they'll get to do this to you some day? What if it told you to smile while doing all this?", alt.atheism, 22 October 2006]
Dr Abdul Majid Katme, Islamic Medical Association
- You see, God created us perfect and with a very strong defence system. If you breast-feed your child for two years as the Koran says – and you eat Koranic food like olives and black seed, and you do ablution each time you pray, then you will have a strong defence system. Many vaccines, especially those given to children, are full of haram substances – human parts, gelatine from pork, alcohol, animal/monkey parts, all coming from the West who do not have knowledge of halal or haram. It is forbidden in Islam to have any of these haram substances in our bodies. [The Times, 28 January 2007]
George Kennan, Defence Advisor
- We have about 60% of the world's wealth but only 6.3% of its' population. In this situation we cannot fail to be the object of envy and resentment. Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity. We need not deceive ourselves that we can afford today the luxury of altruism and world benefaction. We should cease to talk about vague and unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concept. The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better. [Policy Planning Study 23 for the US Government]
Rev. Anthony Kennedy
- I would shoot the bastards if I was allowed, because a woman can't represent Christ. Men and women are totally different, that's not my fault, and Jesus chose men for his disciples. … Priestesses should be burnt at the stake because they are assuming powers they have no right to. In the medieval world that was called sorcery. The way of dealing with sorcerers was to burn them at the stake. It's illegal now but if I had my way that is what would happen to them. In medieval times, I would burn the bloody bitches. [regarding women C-of-E priests, The Times, 09 March 1994]
- In the Muslim community, the holy war is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the (Muslim) mission and the (obligation to) convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force. [The Muqaddimah]
Chief Superintendant Ak Khan
- We will certainly take any lessons we can get from this process and make sure we put them in place so this sort of thing never happens again. [03 July 2009]
Anwar Ali Khan, Judge, Chorlaki, Pakistan
- The illegitimate child is not disowned by her and therefore is proof of zina [law forbidding sex outside marriage]. The lady stated before this court that, yes, she had committed sexual intercourse, but with the brother of her husband. This left no option to the court but to impose the highest penalty. [speaking of Zafran Bibi, who was raped and so sentenced to death by stoning, reported in New York Times, 19 May 2002]
- Killing is a form of mercy because it rectifies the person. Sometimes a person cannot be reformed unless he is cut up and burnt. … You must kill, burn and lock up those in opposition. [03 February 1984]
- Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those who say this are witless. Islam says: Kill all the unbelievers just as they would kill you all! Kill them, put them to the sword and scatter their armies.
- Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humour in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious.
- We know of no absolute values besides total submission to the will of the Almighty. People say: "Don't lie!" But the principle is different when we serve the will of Allah. He taught man to lie so that we can save ourselves at moments of difficulty and confuse our enemies. Should we remain truthful at the cost of defeat and danger to the Faith? We say not. People say: "Don't kill!" But the Almighty Himself taught us how to kill. Without such a skill man would have been wiped out long ago by the beasts. So shall we not kill when it is necessary for the triumph of the Faith? … Deceit, trickery, conspiracy, cheating, stealing and killing are nothing but means. On their own they are neither good nor bad. For no deed is either good or bad, isolated from the intentions that motivated it.
Hal Kimberly, Legislator, Georgia
- Read the Bible. It teaches you how to act. Read the hymn book. It contains the finest poetry ever written. Read the almanac. It shows you how to figure out what the weather will be. There isn't another book that is necessary for anyone to read, and therefore I am opposed to all libraries. [early 1900s]
- Change the channel to a legitimate, authoritative, honest news station. The stations that are showing Americans intentionally killing women and children are not legitimate news sources. That is propaganda, and that is lies. [commenting on the Al Jazeera TV station, New York Times, 12 April 2004]
Kingsway International Christian Centre
- Cast out every demonic squatter from your life in the name of the Lord.
- Plead the blood of Jesus against the molestation of the devil in all areas of your life.
- Cover yourself with the blood of Jesus against every seductive spirit.
- Take authority over every ancestral spirit working against your family in the name of the Lord.
- Break the hold of every generational curse on your future in the name of the Lord.
- Cancel the impact of every family curse to the tenth generation.
- Break the curse which follows disobedience to the Word of God.
- Cover your children with the blood of Jesus and declare them safe in the Lord.
- The great accomplishment of Steven Spielberg with his adaptation of the H.G. Wells classic War Of The Worlds is that this filmmaker, above all else, is devoted to upholding the values of family, children, regular everyday people, and Yankee can-do spirit. … he acknowledges the best and noblest traditions in American culture. … in its own way this War Of The Worlds directly responds to America's post-9/11 fears. … gives us a catharsis when humanity reasserts itself. In this case, it's not our ability to blow shit up (as Independence Day would have you believe) but that American individualism and family values can overcome mindless evil. … This movie of profound visual and philosophical ideas … personal responsibility: the desire to serve one's country and fight for it. [Slantmagazine, June 2005]
- I am referring to the modern branches of science which call God a liar, and which call His Word a lie. Archeology, palaeontology, and astronomy to name a few. They all claim the Earth and Universe are billions of years old in direct conflict with the Biblical record. Between God's Word and man's word, I'll believe God's Word any day.
- At seven in the morning, everybody turns up for the ceremony. The girl – who is usually 12 – is seated on a cow-hide. The girls often scream and howl and try to resist, so one woman holds her left leg, the other holds her right leg, and another holds her shoulders back. We pour cold water on her vagina to make her numb. Then I go down on one leg and start to cut with a razor. … and then I cut it [the clitoris] completely off. I cut out all the meat. I know when to stop when I feel the bone and there's nothing left to cut away. We take her to bed and cover her with a cloth. In the evening, the women come back to check I have done a good job. If I have left anything by mistake, because the girl kicked and screamed too much, we cut her again. [March 2009]
- Bishul Akum - non-Jewish cooking: One may not eat food cooked by a non-Jew. Rabbis feared that this may precipitate an inappropriately close personal relationship between Jew and non-Jew.
- Chalav Akum - non-Jewish milk: Milk that was not milked in the presence of a Jew is forbidden by Rabbinic injunction. Rabbis feared that the non-Jew may have mixed non-kosher milk (like milk from a non-kosher animal) into the milk.
- Stam Yoinom - non-Jewish wine: One may not drink wine of a non-Jew, even if the wine was not poured to avodah zarah. This prohibition is also based on the concern that drinking his wine may cause a personal relationship between Jew and non-Jew.
- Yayin Akum - wine touched by a non-Jew: Rabbis prohibited (even to derive benefit from) the wine of a Jew if it was touched and moved (or even if it may have been touched) by a non-Jew. Rabbis were concerned that the non-Jew may have poured some of the wine as an offering to his avodah zarah. These laws are complex and of importance to anyone who has non-Jewish cleaning help.
Yoelish Krausz, Haredi Sect Operations Officer, Neturei Karta, Jerusalem
- We can take care of it. There is medication. It can be treated. [on eradicating the gay 'problem' in the Orthodox community (and then eveywhere else?), The Guardian, 03 August 2007]
- I help you to be a moral person. If we discover someone has a computer at home we throw the children out of school. Every week there's a complaint about the way women dress. 'There was a mess with the police [about me slashing car tyres of 'indecently dressed women']. Now I'm trying new creative methods, not using violence. Now I make a small hole in their tyres and the air deflates slowly. I'm not destroying their car. Having secular people on the buses is a problem. They go like animals, without clothes. Non-religious girls don't dress properly. They encourage me to sin. [The Observer, 21 September 2008]
Ray Kroc, Co-founder Of McDonalds
- If they were drowning to death, I would put a hose in their mouth. [on business rivals]
- The organisation cannot trust the individual – the individual must trust the organisation.
- … we cannot trust some people who are non-conformists. … we will make conformists out of them in a hurry.
- Look, it is ridiculous to call this an industry. This is not. This is rat eat rat, dog eat dog. I'll kill 'em, and I'm going to kill 'em before they kill me. You're talking about the American way of survival of the fittest. 
- I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people. The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves. [prior to Augusto Pinochet's U.S.-supported / CIA-facilitated military coup against the democratically-elected socialist President Salvador Allende in 1973]
Bernhard Kuiper, Pastor, Colorado Springs
- It should be made clear that in order to live a Christian life, any Christian must be able to discriminate and hate, because that's what the bible says.
Kendra LaBouf, Wife Of Pastor Tim LaBouf, First Baptist Church, Watertown
- A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became sinner. [letter dismissing Sunday school teacher Mary Lambert (because she's a woman!), 18 August 2006]
Osama bin Laden
- To kill Americans and their allies, both civil and military, is an individual duty of every Muslim who is able, in any country where this is possible. 
- The woman who is truly Spirit-filled will want to be totally submissive to her husband … This is a truly liberated woman. Submission is God's design for women. [The Spririt-Controlled Woman]
- The Y2K could very well trigger a financial meltdown, leading to an international depression, which would make it possible for the Antichrist or his emissaries to establish a one world currency or a one-world economic system, which would dominate the world commercially until it is destroyed. [Time, 18 January 1999]
- I don’t care which branch of the Islington mafia is running the Labour party, I will always try to be my own man. People used to ask, Blair or Brown? I would say no, just black. That is who I am. [The Observer, 02 July 2017]
Richard Land, Baptist Minister
- God said it, that settles it, I believe it. [Who Wrote The Bible?, Channel 4, 25 December 2004]
Bishop Diego De Landa
- We found a great number of books … and since they contained nothing but superstitions and falsehoods of the Devil we burned them all. [after burning irreplaceable books of Mayan history and science, July 1562]
Rev. Walter Lang, The Bible-Science Association
- We really have dinosaurs today, without any question. You just need the right weather conditions, as I see it, to get huge creatures. And in the ocean, of course, we have huge creatures … This is where the pleisosauruses seem to be today, and perhaps also this fire-breathing dragon is still down there – very rare, but occasionally there.
Steven Layfield, Head of Creationist Science (sic), Emmanuel College, Gateshead
- … the feasibility of maintaining an ark full of representative creatures for a year until the waters had sufficiently receded has been well documented.
- Besides the obvious principle of decay bound up within the famous second law of thermodynamics, we may well consider invoking the historical fall event to explain effects such as lunar craters, certain pathological virus infections and various instances where nature now appears 'red in tooth and claw'.
- The study of geology is ok. – But not when it contradicts what is laid out in the Bible that the earth is more than 10,000 years old.
- Black people can't be racist.
Pope Leo XIII
- It is quite unlawful to demand, defend, or to grant unconditional freedom of thought, or speech, of writing or worship, as if these were so many rights given by nature to man. [Great Encyclical Letters]
- It will never be lawful to restrict inspiration merely to certain parts of the Holy Scriptures, or to grant that the sacred writer could have made a mistake. Nor may the opinion of those be tolerated, who, in order to get out of these difficulties, do not hesitate to suppose that Divine inspiration extends only to what touches faith and morals, on the false plea that the true meaning is sought for less in what God has said than in the motive for which He has said it. … They render in exact language, with infallible truth, all that God commanded and nothing else; without that, God would not be the Author of the Scripture in its entirety.
Rabbi Avraham Shmuel Lewin, Rabbinic Congress For Peace
- Katrina is a consequence of the destruction of Gush Katif with America's urging and encouragement. The U.S. should have discouraged Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon from implementing the Gaza evacuation rather than pushing for it and pressuring Israel into concessions. [WorldNetDaily, 07 September 2005]
- Negro equality, fuck!! How long in the Government of a God great enough to make and maintain this Universe, shall there continue to be knaves to vend and fools to gulp, so low a piece of demagoguism as this? 
- I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favour of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not, nor ever have been, in favour of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man, am in favour of having the superior position assigned to the white race. [Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas, Charleston, Illinois, 18 September 1858]
Arlon Lindner, Minnesota - R
- He claims to be a god-king, a leader of the Buddha religion, which historically has been considered a cult because of its anti-Biblical teachings concerning the one true Holy God, Creator of Heaven and earth and His Son, Jesus Christ. [on the Dalai Lama's planned visit to the House & Senate on 09 May 2001, 30 April 2001]
- After God had finished the rattlesnake, the toad and the vampire, he had some awful stuff left with which he made a scab. A scab is a two-legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a waterlogged brain, and a combination backbone made of jelly and glue. Where others have hearts he carries a tumour of rotten principles. When a scab comes down the street men turn their backs and angels weep in heaven, and the devil shuts the gates of hell to keep him out. No man has a right to scab as there is a pool of water deep enough to drown his body in, or a rope long enough to hang his carcass with. Judas Iscariot was a gentleman compared to a scab. For betraying his master he had the character to hang himself. A scab hasn't. Esau sold his birthright for a mess of pottage. Judas Iscariot sold his Saviour for thirty pieces of silver. Benedict Arnold sold his country for a promise of a commission in the British Army. The modern strike breaker sells his birthright, his country, his wife, his children and his fellow-men for an unfulfilled promise from his employer, trust or corporation. Esau was a traitor to himself, Judas Iscariot was a traitor to his Lord, Benedict Arnold was a traitor to his country. A strike breaker is a traitor to his God, his country, his family and the working class.
Brigadier General William Looney
- We dictate the way they live and talk. And that's what's great about America right now. It's a good thing, especially when there's a lot of oil out there we need. [speaking of the Iraqi campaigns, Washington Post, 30 August 1999]
- The damned whore, Reason.
- Flies are the images of heretics and devils!
- Reason should be destroyed in all Christians.
- Whoever wants to be a Christian should tear the eyes out of his Reason.
- The winds are nothing else but good or bad spirits. Hark! how the Devil is puffing and blowing …
- The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. [Works 12.94]
- Some [demons] are also in the thick black clouds, which cause hail, lightning and thunder, and poison the air, the pastures and grounds.
- This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred scripture tells us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth. [speaking of Copernicus, "an upstart astrologer"]
- There is on earth among all dangers no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and adroit reason… Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed.
- Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees it must put out of sight, and wish to know nothing but the word of god.
- Even though they grow weary and wear themselves out with child-bearing, it does not matter; let them go on bearing children till they die, that is what they are there for. [Works 20.84]
- Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but – more frequently than not – struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.
- Idiots, the lame, the blind, the dumb, are men in whom the devils have established themselves: and all the physicians who heal these infirmities, as though they proceeded from natural causes, are ignorant blockheads …
- Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. [Table Talk]
- Make short work with heretics, they can be condemned unheard. And while they are burning at the stake, the faithful should destroy the evil root and branch and bathe his hands in the blood of the bishops and the pope who is the devil in disguise.
- There is on earth among all dangers no more dangerous thing than a richly endowed and adroit reason, especially if she enters into spiritual matters which concern the soul and god. For it is more possible to teach an ass to read than to blind such a reason and lead it right; for reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed.
- Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a prostitute, the Devil's appointed whore; whore eaten by scab and leprosy who ought to be trodden under foot and destroyed, she and her wisdom … Throw dung in her face to make her ugly. She is and she ought to be drowned in baptism … She would deserve, the wretch, to be banished to the filthiest place in the house, to the closets.
Yury Luzhkov, Mayor, Moscow
- Last year, Moscow came under unprecedented pressure to sanction the gay parade, which can be described in no other way than as satanic. We did not let the parade take place then, and we are not going to allow it in the future. [29 January 2007]
- A racist incident is any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person. [Macpherson Report, 1999]
- Every individual must be treated with respect. 'Colour-blind' policing must be outlawed. The police must deliver a service which recognises the different experiences, perceptions, and needs of a diverse society. [Macpherson Report, 1999]
- In England, at this day, if elections were open to all classes of people, the property of landed proprietors would be insecure. An agrarian law would take place. If these observations be just, our government ought to secure the permanent interests of the country against innovation. Landholders ought to have a share in the government, to support these invaluable interests, and to balance and check the other. They ought to be so constituted as to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority.
Sheik Abdullah Aal Mahmud
- If the husband wished to use beatings in the treatment of his wife, it is essential, absolutely essential, to never do it in front of the children. The beating must remain between him and her and with the conditions outlined, which are that he does not draw blood nor leave a perceptible bruise on her body and avoid her face as well as dangerous parts concerning the body. If the husband violates these directives, he then violates the limits set by the almighty. [2005?]
Atiq Malik, Councillor, Brent
- The reason why male gets more share than women is that male members of the family have the responsibilty to provide living expenses to female members of the family [because we want them uneducated and don't let them out of the house without a male esort]. If an unmarried woman has an affair she is lashed 100 times. If a married woman has an affair she is stoned to death. What is wrong in it? [Harrow Observer, 25 February 2009]
- We decided that this kind of information was going to hurt people's feelings. We have directed the PTA [Pakistan Telecommunications Authority] to block all and any sites that display those caricatures [of Mohammad]. [The Guardian, 20 May 2010]
Beenie Man (Moses Davis)
- I'm a dreaming of a new Jamaica, come to execute all the gays.
- While my lyrics are very personal, I do not write them with the intent of purposefully hurting or maligning others, and I offer my sincerest apologies to those who might have been offended, threatened or hurt by my songs.
A. T. Mann
- When the three outer planets were discovered, one could say that their discovery was simultaneously the result of an extension of the collective state of consciousness on Earth and the psychic need for a symbol to account for the transformational nature of life at that time. There is always synchronicity – an equivalence of meaning – in the process of discovery. … The discovery of these three great planets clarified influences which could not be explained by an exclusively personal mechanism, but rather by a collective process affecting all mankind. Since our atomic and genetic structure contains formations identical to the cosmic structure, we could even say that we discovered the trans-Saturnian planets within ourselves and then searched without for their actual 'physical' forms. In fact, all three were initially predicted and then subsequently discovered. A sarcastic comment on the pragmatism of science voiced by Charles Fort casts light upon 'discoveries': "One of the greatest of all secrets was for ages blabbed by all the pots and kettles in the world, but to no purpose, because it was not yet 'steam-engine time'". [The Round Art – The Astrology Of Time And Space]
Michael Marcavage, Repent America
- Although the loss of lives is deeply saddening, this act of God destroyed a wicked city. From 'Girls Gone Wild' to 'Southern Decadence,' New Orleans was a city that had its doors wide open to the public celebration of sin. From the devastation may a city full of righteousness emerge. … We must help and pray for those ravaged by this disaster, but let us not forget that the citizens of New Orleans tolerated and welcomed the wickedness in their city for so long. May this act of God cause us all to think about what we tolerate in our city limits, and bring us trembling before the throne of Almighty God. [expressing sympathy for the victims of hurricane Katrina, 31 August 2005]
- Whatever things were rightly said among all teachers are the property of us Christians. [Second Apology]
- As to the objection of our Jesus's being crucified, I say, that suffering was common to all the aforementioned sons of Jove. [First Apology]
- As to his being born of a virgin, you have your Perseusto balance that. As to his curing the lame, and the paralytic, and such as were cripples from birth, this is little more than what you say of your Aesculapius. [First Apology]
- It having reached the Devil's ears that the prophets had foretold the coming of Christ, the Son of God, he set the heathen Poets to bring forward a great many who should be called the sons of Jove. The Devil laying his scheme in this, to get men to imagine that the true history of Christ was of the same characters the prodigious fables related of the sons of Jove. [First Apology]
- Having heard it proclaimed through the prophets that the Christ was to come and that the ungodly among men were to be punished by fire, the wicked spirits put forward many to be called Sons of God, under the impression that they would be able to produce in men the idea that the things that were said with regards to Christ were merely marvellous tales, like the things that were said by the poets. [First Apology]
- For myself, when I discovered the wicked disguises which the evil spirits had thrown the divine doctrines of the Christians, to turn aside others from joining them, laughed both at those who framed these falsehoods, and at the disguise itself, and at popular opinion; not because the teachings of Plato are different from those of Christ, but because they are not in all respects similar, as neither are those of the poets, Stoics, and historians [Second Apology]
- Analogies To The History Of Christ. And when we say also that the Word, who is the first-birth of God, was produced without sexual union, and that He, Jesus Christ, our Teacher, was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended into heaven, we propound nothing different from what you believe regarding those whom you esteem sons of Jupiter. For you know how many sons your esteemed writers ascribed to Jupiter: Mercury, the interpreting word and teacher of all; Aesculapius, who, though he was a great physician, was struck by a thunderbolt, and so ascended to heaven; and Bacchus too, after he had been torn limb from limb; and Hercules, when he had committed himself to the flames to escape his toils; and the sons of Leda, and Dioscuri; and Perseus, son of Danae; and Bellerophon, who, though sprung from mortals, rose to heaven on the horse Pegasus. For what shall I say of Ariadne, and those who, like her, have been declared to be set among the stars? And what of the emperors who die among yourselves, whom you deem worthy of deification, and in whose behalf you produce some one who swears he has seen the burning Caesar rise to heaven from the funeral pyre? [First Apology]
- Be well assured, then, Trypho, that I am established in the knowledge of and faith in the Scriptures by those counterfeits which he who is called the devil is said to have performed among the Greeks; just as some were wrought by the Magi in Egypt, and others by the false prophets in Elijah's days. For when they tell that Bacchus, son of Jupiter, was begotten by intercourse with Semele, and that he was the discoverer of the vine; and when they relate, that being torn in pieces, and having died, he rose again, and ascended to heaven; and when they introduce wine into his mysteries, do I not perceive that [the devil] has imitated the prophecy announced by the patriarch Jacob, and recorded by Moses? And when they tell that Herculeswas strong, and travelled over all the world, and was begotten by Joveof Alcmene, and ascended to heaven when he died, do I not perceive that the Scripture which speaks of Christ, "strong as a giant to run his race," has been in like manner imitated? And when he [the devil] brings forward Aesculapius as the raiser of the dead and healer of all diseases, may I not say that in this matter likewise he has imitated the prophecies about Christ? … And when I hear, Trypho, that Perseus was begotten of a virgin, I understand that the deceiving serpent counterfeited also this. [Dialogue With Trypho The Jew]
- So important is it to comprehend the work of creation that we see the creed of the Church take this as its starting point. Were this Article taken away, there would be no original sin; the promise of Christ would become void, and all the vital force of our religion would be destroyed.
Mychal Massie, National Advisory Council Member, Project 21
- … the black people today that curse America are cursing God because if God had not permitted the Ashanti and Dahomey tribes of ancient Africa to trap other Africans and sell them to Muslims, who sold them to Europeans, we would not have what we have today. [Janet Parshall's America, 18 October 2005]
- In a little more than one hour, five or six hundred of these barbarians were dismissed from a world that was burdened with them. [describing the killing of native Indians]
- To ye Aged and Beloved Mr. John Higginson, There is now at sea a ship called the Welcome, which has on board an hundred or more of the heretics and malignants called "Quakers," with W. Penn, who is the chief scamp, at the head of them. The general court has accordingly given secret orders to Master Malachi Huscott, of the brig Porpoise, to waylay the said Penn and his ungodly crew, so that the Lord may be glorified, and not mocked on the soil of this new country with the heathen worship of these people. Much spoil can be made by selling the whole lot to Barbados, where slaves fetch good prices in rum and sugar. [finding someone else to persecute, 15 September 1682]
Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi
- Jahiliyya [non-Muslims] have absolutely no right to seize the reins of power in any part of Allah's earth nor to direct the collective affairs of human beings according to their own misconceived doctrines. … the believers would be under an obligation to do their utmost to dislodge them from political power and to make them live in subservience to the Islamic way of life.
Abu al-A'la al-Mawdudi
- There can be no reconciliation between Islam and democracy, not even in minor issues, because they contradict each other in all particulars.
Ansarullah Mawlafizada, Judge, Afghanistan
- The Prophet Muhammad has said several times that those who convert from Islam should be killed if they refuse to come back. … Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance, kindness and integrity. That is why we have told him if he regrets what he did, then we will forgive him. [speaking of Abdul Rahman, who converted to Christianity, and so under Islamic law was guilty of apostasy, punishable by death, 24 March 2006]
St. Maximus The Confessor
- That mind is perfect which, through true faith, in supreme ignorance supremely knows the supremely Unknowable.
Robert McGee, Psychologist, The Search For Significance
- I think we're going to lose tens of thousands of our kids to witchcraft. And they don't understand that there is a spiritual world out there and it will suck them in. Once they start using spiritual powers, the spiritual powers will start using them. … What is it about the word 'abomination' that we don't understand? An adult reads these books differently than a child would. A child gets more involved. The movie will be very destructive. It's going to give kids images. The younger the children, the worse it's going to be for them. They're going to get hacked off at somebody and they're going to want the same power as Harry the wizard. [speaking of the Harry Potter film, 12 November 2001]
Mark McKinnon, Media Advisor To G. W. Bush
- You think he's an idiot, don't you? No, you do, all of you do, up and down the West Coast, the East Coast, a few blocks in southern Manhattan called Wall Street. Let me clue you in. We don't care. You see, you're outnumbered 2 to 1 by folks in the big, wide middle of America, busy working people who don't read The New York Times or Washington Post or The L.A. Times. And you know what they like? They like the way he walks and the way he points, the way he exudes confidence. They have faith in him. And when you attack him for his malaprops, his jumbled syntax, it's good for us. Because you know what those folks don't like? They don't like you! [speaking to Ron Suskind, 2002]
Jim McManus, Priest, St Mary's, Perthshire
- Witchcraft has as its basis an evil source – devil worship. In the end it only cons its devotees, it does them no good at all. [News Scotsman.com, 30 June 2003]
John McTernan & Bill Koenig
- America is now experiencing the consequences (curses) of Middle East policies which have been opposed to God's Word and to the preservation of His covenant land. Ever since the Madrid Conference ten years ago, this country's participation in Israel's destiny has been flawed when put in context of Holy Scripture. The events of September 11 were a national wake-up call. However, if this nation continues to support the Mitchell Plan, affirming a "land for peace" approach, America can expect to experience the lifting of the Lord's protective hand in an even greater measure. It is a fact that Israel's very existence is in grave danger, because of our nation's sponsorship of "land for peace" plans which have led her to the brink of war. [Israel: The Blessing Or The Curse]
- After the Holocaust, Jews are allowed to do anything. [comment to Shulamit Aloni]
Maria Rosa Menocal
- The dhimmi, as these covenanted peoples were called, were granted religious freedom, not forced to convert to Islam. They could continue to be Jews and Christians, and, as it turned out, they could share in much of Muslim social and economic life. In return for this freedom of religious conscience the Peoples of the Book (pagans had no such privilege) were required to pay a special tax — no Muslims paid taxes — and to observe a number of restrictive regulations: Christians and Jews were prohibited from attempting to proselytize Muslims, from building new places of worship, from displaying crosses or ringing bells. In sum, they were forbidden most public displays of their religious rituals. [The Ornament Of The World, 2002 ]
Dr Ijaz Mian
- You cannot accept the rule of the kaffir. We have to rule ourselves and we have to rule the others. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- They would make sure that every person prays to Allah, five times, every woman will be covered from the top to the toes, hijab, otherwise the police will just collect them. [on his ideal police state, Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- They send the police and they say: 'Well, if you don't come for prayers, close your shop, we will arrest you. But if you don't, then we have to bring the punishment on you – you will be killed and nobody will pray for you.' [praising the Saudi police, Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- You are in a situation in which you have to live like a state within a state, until you take over. But until this happens, you have to preach, until you become such a force that the people just, just submit to you. Hands up, until you become strong enough to take over. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- Minhaj-ul-Quran International (MQI) has noted the controversy surrounding the tweeting of a cartoon portraying Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them both) by Maajid Nawaz of the Quilliam Foundation, and the condemnations from various quarters. MQI wishes to make it clear that pictorial representations of any prophets of God (including Moses, Jesus and Muhammad) are prohibited by Islam, according to the majority scholarly opinion, as they detract from the sacred standing and highest esteem the Prophets hold within the religion, and they consequently cause deep offence to Muslims. [The Spectator, 22 January 2014]
Minhaz, Persian Historian
- Most of the inhabitants of the place were 'Brahmanas' with shaven heads. They were put to death. Large numbers of books were found there, and when the Mahammadans saw them, they called for some person to explain the contents. But all of the men were killed. It was discovered that the whole fort and city was a place for study, in the Hindi language the word Bihar means a college. [reporting on the destruction of Nalanda and murder of all its (thousands of) monks and students by Bhaktiyar Khilji, Tabaquat-i-Nasiri]
Qari Edi Mohamed, Muezzin, Central Mosque, Kabul
- The rule of the Taliban was in agreement with Islam. … They didn't beat women who covered their faces. If there was a bit of ankle showing, yes, they beat them. If they went out without their brother or their mother they would also be beaten but that's reasonable. It was the Taliban's job. They were within their rights. … It's a sin. It's a sin for them to show their faces and it's a sin for me to look at them. [quoted in The Guardian, 16 November 2001]
Abu Mohammed, Hizb ut-Tahrir (Party Of Liberation)
- Islam obliges Muslims to possess power so that they can intimidate – I would not say terrorize – the enemies of Islam. In the beginning, the Caliphate would strengthen itself internally and it wouldn't initiate jihad. But after that we would carry Islam as an intellectual call to all the world, and we will make people bordering the Caliphate believe in Islam. Or if they refuse then we'll ask them to be ruled by Islam. And if after all discussions and negotiations they still refuse, then the last resort will be a jihad to spread the spirit of Islam and the rule of Islam [smiles]. This is done in the interests of all people to get them out of darkness and into light. [quoted in Christian Science Monitor, 10 May 2006]
Omar Bakri Mohammed
- Yes I condemn killing any innocent people, but not any kuffar. [22 July 2005]
Roy Moore, Supreme Court Chief Justice
- The State carries the power of the sword, that is, the power to prohibit with physical penalties, such as confinement and even execution. It must use that power to prevent the subversion of children toward this lifestyle, to not encourage a criminal lifestyle. … No matter how much society appears to change, the law on this subject has remained steadfast from the earliest history of the law, and that law is and must be our law today. The common law designates homosexuality as an inherent evil, and if a person openly engages in such a practice, that fact alone would render him or her an unfit parent. [he also described gays and their lives as "an inherent evil," a "detestable and abominable sin," and "an act so heinous that it defies one's ability to describe it", February 2002]
Morteza Moqtadie, Chief Prosecutor, Iran
- The shedding of this man's [Salman Rushdie's] blood is obligatory. Any Muslim who hears an insult to the prophet must kill the person who commits the insult. It is better that those closest to that person try to kill him first. 
- When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data.
- There is no observational fact imaginable which cannot, one way or another, be made to fit the creation model.
- No geological difficulties, real or imagined, can be allowed to take precedence over the clear statements and necessary inferences of scripture.
- The so-called geologic ages are essentially synonymous with the evolutionary theory of origins. The latter is the anti-God conspiracy of Satan himself. 
- The only Bible-honouring conclusion is, of course, that Genesis 1-11 is actual historical truth, regardless of any scientific or chronological problems thereby entailed. [Remarkable Birth, 1972]
- The data of geology, in our view, should be interpreted in light of the scripture, rather than distorting scripture to accommodate current geological philosophy. [The Young Earth, 1994]
- Creation is not taking place now, so far as can be observed. Therefore, it was accomplished sometime in the past, if at all, and thus is inaccessible to the scientific method. [Scientific Creationism, 1985]
- Evolution is the root of atheism, of communism, nazism, behaviorism, racism, economic imperialism, militarism, libertinism, anarchism, and all manner of anti-Christian systems of belief and practice. [The Remarkable Birth Of Planet Earth, 1972]
- The only way we can determine the true age of the earth is for God to tell us what it is. And since He has told us, very plainly, in the Holy Scriptures that it is several thousand years in age, and no more, that ought to settle all basic questions of terrestrial chronology. 
- Evolution is thus not only anti-Biblical and anti-Christian, but it is utterly unscientific and impossible as well. But it has served effectively as the pseudo-scientific basis of atheism, agnosticism, socialism, fascism, and numerous other false and dangerous philosophies over the past century. [The Bible Has The Answers, 1976]
- The "stars" associated with the solar system, such as the planets and asteroids (and it should be remembered that the term "star" in Biblical usage applies to any heavenly body other than the sun and moon) would be particularly likely to be involved, in the view of the heavy concentration of angels, both bad and evil, around the planet Earth.
- Whenever hadesor sheol is referred to in the bible, it's always down in the earth, the depths of the earth. So right there in the centre of the earth, apparently, there's a great opening that we can't really deal with in terms of our seismic instruments or other instrumentation. But, apparently, it is there. You can take the bible to mean what it says. 
- Another point important to recognise is that the creation was "mature" from its birth. It did not have to grow or develop from simple beginnings. God formed it full-grown in every respect, including even Adam and Eve as mature individuals when they were first formed. The whole universe had an "appearance of age" right from the start. It could not have been otherwise for true creation to have taken place. "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them." (Genesis 2:1). [Scientific Creationism, 1985]
- The Christian Fathers deemed it a pious act to employ deception and fraud.
- I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realise life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen. [23 October 2012]
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
- The United States wished things to turn out as they did [Indonesia invading East Timor in 1975 with US diplomatic and armaments support], and worked to bring this about. The Department of State desired that the United Nations prove utterly ineffective in whatever measures it undertook [the UN Security Council ordered Indonesia to withdraw]. The task was given to me, and I carried it forward with no inconsiderable success [by incorrectly claiming the East Timor resistance was backed by China]. [A Dangerous Place, 1978]
Sheikh Ramathan Shaban Mubajje, Mufti, Uganda
- I asked President Museveni to get us an island on Lake Victoria and we take these homosexuals and they die out there. If they die there then we shall have no more homosexuals in the country. … Homosexuality led to the destruction of the whole generation of Prophet Lut and such behaviours could be devastating to our generation as well. We join other religions in the fight against homosexuality. [12 October 2007]
- Animals in the jungle are better than these people, because at least they know that this is a man or a woman. [on homosexuals]
- I find it extremely outrageous and repugnant to my human conscience that such immoral and repulsive organisations, like those of homosexuals who offend both the law of nature and the morals of religious beliefs espoused by our society, should have any advocates in our midst and even elsewhere in the world.
- If he [David Kato] has been murdered, that's bad and we pray for his soul. We said they [homosexuals] should be hanged, not stoned or attacked. [Metro, 28 January 2011]
- The human beast – the serpent, the dragon, the devil, and Satan – all mean one and the same; the people or race known as the white or Caucasian race.
- When you read about how David took another man's wife, I'm that David. You read about Noah, who got drunk – that's me. You read about Lot, who went and laid up with his own daughters. I have to fulfil all of those things.
Khalid Abdul Muhammad
- I called them bloodsuckers. I'm not going to change that. Our lessons talk about the bloodsuckers of the poor in the supreme wisdom of the Nation of Islam. It's that old no-good Jew, that old imposter Jew, that old hooked-nose, bagel-eating, lox-eating, Johnny-come-lately perpetrating a fraud, just crawled out of the caves and hills of Europe, so-called damn Jew. [19 February 1994]
- There are rules of shari'a in everything. We have counted almost 70 rules about how to urinate and defecate. [26 July 2007]
- It is not permitted to make a statue out of snow, even by way of play and fun. God has given people space to make whatever they want which does not have a soul, including trees, ships, fruits, buildings and so on. [12 January 2015]
- Humanity can have no happiness without Islam. Humanity can enjoy no goodness, unless the sun of monotheism, the Koran, and the Sunna shines upon it. The world without the sun of the divine revelation is a place of eternal darkness, as we can see today - a world of frustration, collapse, injustice, arbitrariness, and wrongdoing. [26 July 2007]
- An Islamic movement is an organised struggle to change the existing society into an Islamic society based on the Qur'an and the Sunna, and make Islam, which is a code for entire life, supreme and dominant, especially in the socio-political spheres. [The Islamic Movement In The West, 1980]
- I have no hesitation in suggesting that, despite its seeming unattainability, the movement in the West should reaffirm and re-emphasise the concept of total change and supremacy of Islam in the Western society as its ultimate objective and allocate to it the highest priority. [The Islamic Movement In The West, 1980]
Dr. Ghulam Mursaleen
- As a religion, Islam does not put itself in an attitude of conflict towards other heavenly religions. It is a religion of peace and tolerance and has always advocated the cause of human rights, brotherhood, freedom and equality and hence Islam is a model religion for the development of pluralistic society in the modern age of globalization. An Islamic society is not formed of Muslims only, but of Muslims, Christians, Jews and people of other faiths living together under the rule of Islam. [Islam And Concept Of Peace, Saudi Gazette, 25 August 2008]
- Islam does not believe in democracy, freedom, tolerance or reason. It is well known that sovereignty belongs to Allah. There is no freedom from Allah's rule, or tolerance against Allah's rule or reasoning of Allah's rule. Allah commands : "The Rule is for none but Allah".
Steve Muscat, Young Earth Creationist
- Many diseases are directly caused by demons while the rest can be traced back to sin in the Garden of Eden. [alt.talk.creationism, 26 November 2001]
The Muslim Doctors and Dentists Association UK (M.D.D.A. UK)
- 2. Objects and powers
- 2.1 The objects of the association shall be:-
- 2.1.1. To advance the Islamic religion in the practice of medicine in the United Kingdom
Dr. Hamza Dhib Mustafa, Supreme Fatwa Council, Hamas
- This and more, Islam promises various rights to the human. It promises him freedom of religion and citizenship, freedom of thought, the right to property, political freedom and his right to employment. [28 August 2007]
- Islamic societies are cultured, humane and righteous societies, since oppression had not found its way to them and the killing did not spread nor extend among them. They do not go beyond the punishment defined by Islamic law with all that pertains to human rights, regardless of their religion, race, colour and their countries, since human beings are equal from the point of view of Islam. [28 August 2007]
- The specific task of women in this society is to marry and bear children. They will be discouraged from entering legislative, judicial, or what ever careers which may require decision making, as women lack the intellectual ability and discerning judgment required for these careers.
Seyyed Hossein Nasr
- Certain modernists over the past century have tried to change the Shari'ah, to reopen the gate of ijtihad [interpretation], with the aim of incorporating modern practices into the Law and limiting the function of Shari'ah to personal life. All of these activities emanate from a particular attitude of spiritual weakness vis-à-vis the world and surrender to the world. Those who are conquered by such a mentality want to make the Shari'ah 'conform to the times,' which means to the whims and fancies of men and the ever changing human nature which has made 'the times.' They do not realize that it is the Shari'ah according to which society should be modeled not vice versa. [Ideals And Realities Of Islam]
Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, Hizbullah
- Had a Muslim carried out Imam Khomeini's fatwa against the apostate Salman Rushdie, then they would not have dared discredit the prophet, not in Denmark, Norway or France. [displaying his repulsion for free speech, 01 February 2006]
- Here is a murderous tale bristling with Catholic guilt, sexual perversion, moral quandries; a battle, finally, between the forces of atheism (ironically decent) and religion (curdled into wickedness), albeit enacted between the rusted struts of the West Pier. [review of the new Brighton Rock, Empire, February 2011]
- So you see, the discovery of the Neanderthal people (mankind) only goes to prove that the story of creation in the Bible is true. The Neanderthals and the descendants of Adam never lived together and never intermarried because they hated each other, because they looked different, because they had different foreheads. One group's forehead sloped back. The other group's forehead did not. The Neanderthals ceased to live when the flood came. … So, the next time the atheists (who don't believe the Bible is true and factual) try to throw the Neanderthal people in your face, and cry "evolution is true and the Bible isn't," you can tell them that the Neanderthals, along with Cain lived in the land east of Eden: in the land of Nod and you can explain to them that they never intermarried. Tell them that the race of Adam was created on the third day and the Neanderthals, who God created on the sixth day, were wiped out; and only the race of Adam was saved from the flood which God sent. [letter to dailyamerican.com, 29 December 2005]
- I can't do that because biblically, I cannot find that is the way people are healed. If I go to the doctor, I am putting the doctor before God. I am not believing what he said he would do. [explaining why he let his daughter, Madeline, die from a diabetic coma rather than take her to a doctor, July 2009]
Jacob Neusner, 'distinguished' Talmudic Scholar, University Of South Florida
- I'd rather have a Christian bound by Scripture, as I am, than a functional atheist, bound by nothing. [Newsweek, February 2000]
- I am a mother and a female and a physician and a Christian. I have researched this and found nothing strong enough to negate my conviction that someone is a person at conception. [on why she voted to ban abortion in Mississippi, The Guardian, 09 November 2011]
- Anyone would find your advert "One day I'll be as dead as a parrot" offensive, if they were believers. I do. [letter to Amnesty International Newsletter, January / February 2005]
- Remember, we're the only people here with an overall strategy for the anti-capitalist movement. So I want five people to go out with membership cards, five to sell papers and five to sell bandanas. [Genoa, 18 July 2001]
Dennis Nixon Jr., The Faith Tabernacle Congregation
- Why didn't we seek medical treatment? The answer is we didn't feel it's right because of our religion. … If God has a reason for them being there, God's going to take care of them. [speaking of his parents being sent to prison for allowing their 16-year-old daughter Shannon to die of diabetes acidosis in 1996 and an earlier event when an 8-year-old son died from an easily-treatable ear infection, 01 June 2001]
- The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant – baptism and holy communion – must be denied citizenship, just as they were in ancient Israel. [Political Polytheism: The Myth Of Pluralism, 1989]
St. Odo of Cluny
- To embrace a woman is to embrace a sack of manure… [10th century]
Lloyd Ogilvie, Chaplain, US Senate
- Gracious God, all that we have and are is a result of Your amazing generosity. Since September 11th, in the battle against terrorism, we have discovered again that You truly are our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. We rededicate ourselves to be one nation under You. In You we trust. We reaffirm our accountability to You, to the absolutes of Your Commandments, and to justice in our society. Bless our President, Congress, and all our leaders with supernatural power. We commit ourselves to be faithful to You as Sovereign of our land and as our personal Lord and Saviour. Amen. ALERT: We ask you to join us in reading this prayer at 12:00pm on May 2, 2002, wherever you are. As we come together, a huge wave of prayer will flow across our nation, expressing the unity of God's people and acknowledging His sovereignty. Thus, we will highlight this year's theme, 'America United Under God.' [Prayer for America, May 2002]
- It is demons which produce famine, unfruitfulness, corruptions of the air, and pestilences; they hover concealed in clouds in the lower atmosphere, and are attracted by the blood and incense which the heathen offer to them as gods.
John L. O'Sullivan
- For this blessed mission to the nations of the world, which are shut out from the life-giving light of truth, has America been chosen; and her high example shall smite unto death the tyranny of kings, hierarchs, and oligarchs, and carry the glad tidings of peace and goodwill where myriads now endure an existence scarcely more enviable than that of beasts of the field. Who then can doubt that our country is destined to be the great nation of futurity? [The Great Nation Of Futurity, Democratic Review, November 1839]
Fernandez de Oveido
- … to use gunpowder against pagans [American Indians] is to offer incense to the Lord.
Rev. Ian Paisley
- The dancing of the world, hugging the other sex, set to music, is sensual, and clearly caters to the lust of the flesh. Line dancing is as sinful as any other type of sexual gestures and touchings. It is sensual, not a crucifying of lust but an excitement to lust. [The Guardian, 18 May 2001]
Pakistan Penal Code, Section 295-C, Act XLV, 1860
- Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation or by any imputation, innuendo, or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) shall be punished with death, or imprisonment for life, and shall also be liable to fine.
David Paszkiewicz, History Teacher, Kearny, N.J.
- If you reject his gift of salvation, then you know where you belong. He did everything in his power to make sure that you could go to heaven, so much so that he took your sins on his own body, suffered you pains for you, and he's saying, "Please, accept me, believe." If you reject that, you belong in hell. [sermon delivered during class, as recorded by student Matthew LeClair, who then received threats (Paszkiewicz also claimed that dinosaurs were on Noah's Ark), quoted on Americans United, 18 December 2006]
Pope John Paul II (Karol Jozef Wojtyla)
- It is legitimate and necessary to ask oneself if this is not perhaps part of a new ideology of evil, perhaps more insidious and hidden, which attempts to pit human rights against the family and against man. [Memory And Identity: Conversations Between Millenniums]
General Matityahu Peled
- The thesis that the danger of genocide was hanging over us in June 1967 and that Israel was fighting for its physical existence is only bluff, which was born and developed after the war. [Ha'aretz, 19 March 1972]
Rabbi Yaacov Perrin
- One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail. [New York Times, 28 February 1994]
Terry Piggott, Executive Director For Children Schools & Families, Rochdale
- I cannot see how the interests of today's challenges of protecting children will be served by re-examining cases that are 15 years old. [responding to the BBC documentary When Satan Came To Town (11 January 2006) about the Rochdale 'Satanic Panic', January 2006]
- I suffer for these losses [his government's murder of 3000 people], but God does the deeds; he will pardon me if I exceeded in some, which I don't think. [November 2005]
Pope Pius VII (Barnaba Nicolò Maria Luigi Chiaramonti)
- One Galileo in two thousand years is enough.
- It was once proposed that all religions persuasions should be free and their worship publicly exercised. We Catholics have rejected this article as contrary to Roman Catholic canon law. 
- At the heart of the MMR vaccine controversy is an attempt to blind people with science. … Melanie Phillips is a Daily Mail columnist [The Case Against Me Boils Down To Smear And Evasion, The Guardian, 08 November 2005]
Kirsten Pippin (15)
- Guess what? CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST IS ACTUALLY PRESENT DURING MASS. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files, Rolling Stone, 06 September 2011]
- You need to remember you are attacking someone else, which is also mine, religion and beliefs and what you are saying is actually very offensive. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files, Rolling Stone, 06 September 2011]
- I find this article and your comments offensive to me personally and my to religion. You think there are bad people just in the Catholic Church? No. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files, Rolling Stone, 06 September 2011]
- You call yourself a Christian? By mentioning that Catholics will "answer to God for it" you are contradicting everything you said about Catholics being corrupt. You sound ignorant. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files, Rolling Stone, 06 September 2011]
- Your comment about suing the Catholic church out of existence was VERY offensive not only to what I believe, but to me personally. What if I said that your beliefs should be thrown out the window or called your so called "preacher" horrendous. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files, Rolling Stone, 06 September 2011]
- Since the masses of the people are inconstant, full of unruly desires, passionate, and reckless of consequence, they must be filled with fears to keep them in order. The ancients did well, therefore, to invent gods, and the belief in punishment after death. It is rather the moderns, who seek to extirpate such beliefs, who are to be accused of folly. [Histories 125 BC]
- I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country. [speaking to journalist Nate Thayer, 1997]
General Colin Powell
- It's really not a number I'm terribly interested in. [responding to a query about the number of Iraqi people killed by the Americans during operation Desert Storm, New York Times, 23 March 1991]
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- All Vedic Knowledge is infallible, and Hindus accept Vedic knowledge to be complete and infallible. For example, cow dung is the stool of an animal, and according to smrti, or Vedic injunction, if one touches the stool of an animal he has to take a bath to purify himself. But in the Vedic scriptures cow dung is considered to be a purifying agent. One might consider this to be contradictory, but it is accepted because it is Vedic injunction, and indeed by accepting this, one will not commit a mistake; subsequently it has been proven by modern science that cow dung contains all antiseptic properties. So Vedic knowledge is complete because it is above all doubts and mistakes, and Bhagavad-gita is the essence of all Vedic knowledge.
- If there be men on the other side of the earth, Christ must have gone there and suffered a second time to save them; and therefore there must have been, as necessary preliminaries to his coming, a duplicate Adam, Eden, serpent, and Deluge!
- …unlike other religions, [Islam] never contradicted science. [trying to abolish GMT in favour of Mecca Time (because "Mecca was located in the centre of our planet," [Zaghloul al-Najjar]), 21 April 2008]
- For her to be absolved from guilt, a raped woman must have shown good conduct. 
- It has been determined by Islamic law that the blood and property of people of Dar Al-Harb is not protected. Because they fight against and are hostile towards the Muslims, they annulled the protection of his blood and his property…
- People must ask themselves why this earthquake occurred in this area and not others … Whoever examines these areas discovers that they are tourism areas. …where the forbidden acts are widespread, as well as alcohol consumption, drug use and acts of abomination. … Don't they deserve punishment from Allah? [11 January 2005]
- This is not suicide, it is martyrdom in the name of God. Islamic theologians and jurisprudents have debated this issue. Referring to it as a form of jihad, under the title of jeopardising the life of the mujahideen. It is allowed to jeopardise your soul and cross the path of the enemy and be killed. … I consider this type of martyrdom operation as indication of justice of Allah almighty. Allah is just. Through his infinite wisdom he has given the weak what the strong do not possess and that is the ability to turn their bodies into bombs like the Palestinians do. [BBC Newsnight, 07 July 2004]
- It is obligatory on Muslim women to wear hijab (i.e., cover the whole body except the face and hands, and the feet according to some schools of jurisprudence). It is unanimously agreed upon among Muslim scholars that it is not lawful for a Muslim woman to uncover any part of her body other than the face and hands (and the feet according to some schools of jurisprudence). Hence, it is unlawful for a woman to reveal her hair, or arms, or chest or legs before non-mahram men. Wearing clothes that reveal such parts of a woman's body is completely forbidden. [11 December 2003]
- Almighty Allah has prohibited illegal sexual intercourse and homosexuality and all means that lead to either of them. This perverted act is a reversal of the natural order, a corruption of man's sexuality, and a crime against the rights of females. … Muslim jurists hold different opinions concerning the punishment for this abominable practice. Should it be the same as the punishment for fornication, or should both the active and passive participants be put to death? While such punishments may seem cruel, they have been suggested to maintain the purity of the Islamic society and to keep it clean of perverted elements. [17 May 2004]
- …the most moderate opinion and the most likely one to be correct is in favour of practising circumcision in the moderate Islamic way indicated in some of the Prophet's hadiths – even though such hadiths are not confirmed to be authentic. It is reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said to a midwife: "Reduce the size of the clitoris but do not exceed the limit, for that is better for her health and is preferred by husbands". The hadith indicates that circumcision is better for a woman's health and it enhances her conjugal relation with her husband. It's noteworthy that the Prophet's saying "do not exceed the limit" means do not totally remove the clitoris. Actually, Muslim countries differ over the issue of female circumcision; some countries sanction it whereas others do not. Anyhow, it is not obligatory, whoever finds it serving the interest of his daughters should do it, and I personally support this under the current circumstances in the modern world. But whoever chooses not to do it is not considered to have committed a sin for it is mainly meant to dignify women as held by scholars. [07 February 2004]
- Because of his natural ability and his responsibility for providing for his family, the man is the head of the house and of the family. He is entitled to the obedience and cooperation of his wife, and accordingly it is not permissible for her to rebel against his authority, causing disruption. Without a captain the ship of the household will flounder and sink. If the husband senses that feelings of disobedience and rebelliousness are rising against him in his wife, he should try his best to rectify her attitude by kind words, gentle persuasion, and reasoning with her. If this is not helpful, he should sleep apart from her, trying to awaken her agreeable feminine nature so that serenity may be restored and she may respond to him in a harmonious fashion. If this approach fails, it is permissible for him to admonish her lightly with his hands, avoiding her face and other sensitive areas. In no case should he resort to using a stick or any other instrument which might cause pain and injury. [08 September 2003]
- Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe. [11 August 1989]
'Abu Qaqa', Boko Haram
- We will consider negotiation only when we have brought the government to their knees. Once we see that things are being done according to the dictates of Allah, and our members are released, we will only put aside our arms – but we will not lay them down. You don't put down your arms in Islam, you only put them aside. … Even the prophet Mohammed lived with non-Muslims and he gave them their dues . There are no exceptions [to sharia]. Even if you are a Muslim and you don't abide by sharia, we will kill you. Even if you are my own father, we will kill you. [The Guardian, 27 January 2012]
Yasmin Qureshi, Labour MP, Bolton South East
- These are lies. Trying to say this comes from some text in the Qur'an or there is some justification in the religion - it isn't there. [protesting against Lord Pearson's assertion that "…should we not encourage them to address the violence in the Qur'an - and indeed in the life and the example of Muhammad?", 26 Februray 2014]
Captain R [anonymous Israeli soldier in the Givati Brigade]
- I told you I was innocent. [Tearfully, having been freed by a military court on all charges relating to the murder of Iman al-Hams, a 13-year-old Palistinian girl, having been told by the watchtower that "It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastward." and "A girl about 10, she's behind the embankment, scared to death.", he shot her in the head then emptied the clip into her to "confirm the kill", 15 November 2005]
- This is commander. Anything that's mobile, that moves in the zone, even if it's a three-year-old, needs to be killed. Over.
- The Age of Reason was a book written by Thomas Paine. Its intent was to destroy the Judeo-Christian beliefs upon which our Republic was founded. [The Georgia Guidestones]
- If I come across a crime of rape – kidnap and violation of honour – I would discipline the man and teach him a lesson in morals, and I would order the woman be arrested and jailed for life.
Hashemi Rafsanjani, President, Islamic Republic of Iran
- Equality does not take precedence over justice. Justice does not mean that all laws must be the same for men and women. One of the mistakes the Westerners make is to forget this. The difference in the stature, vitality, voice, development, muscular quality and physical strength of men and women show that men are stronger and more capable in all fields. Men's brain is bigger so men are more inclined to fight and women are more excitable. Men are inclined to reasoning and rationalism, while women have a fundamental tendency to be emotional. The tendency to protect is stronger in men, where as most women like to be protected. Such differences affect the delegation of responsibilities, duties, and rights.
- Oh Allah, we want to see another nine-eleven in Iraq, another nine-eleven in Denmark, another nine-eleven in Spain, in France, all over Europe. Oh Allah, destroy all of them, amen. [03 February 2006]
Mahbubur Rahman, Councillor, Dudley, West Midlands
- It is a good thing, it is a tolerance and acceptance of their beliefs and understanding. [speaking of the Council's ban on all porcine representations (Piglet mugs, etc.) as a Muslim worker in the Benefits Dept. was 'offended' by the sight, October 2005]
Forouz Rajaefar, The Organisation To Commemorate Martyrs Of The Muslim World
- The British and the supporters of the anti-Islam Salman Rushdie could rest assured that the writer's nightmare will not end until the moment of his death and we will bestow kisses on the hands of whomsoever is able to execute this apostate. [having offered $150,000 for the murder, The Times, 19 June 2007]
- George Bush is the President. He makes the decisions. He wants me to line up, just tell me where.
Mahmoud Rauf, Chairman, Brick Lane Business Association
- She is definitely a good writer, but she didn't use her skill to the benefit of the community. We will take this as far as it has to go. [speaking of the forthcoming location filming of Monica Ali's book Brick Lane, which was deemed "a violation of the human rights of the community", The Guardian, 18 July 2006]
- I asked everyone to get off [the bus] because I needed to pray. I was running late and had not had time. I pray five times a day as a Muslim – but I don't normally ask people to get off the bus to do it. [The Sun, 29 March 2008]
- Some of my friends have even told me they think he [Barack Obama] is the anti-Christ. [The Guardian, 14 October 2008]
- The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it.
Qari Hifzur Rehamn
- Adulterers who are married should be buried in earth to the waist and stoned to death. Homosexuals must be killed – it's the only way to stop them spreading. It should be by beheading or stoning, which the general public can do. Thieves should have their hands cut off. Women should remain indoors and films and pop music should be banned. The nonbelievers [in Britain] must be converted to Islam. Morals in your society, with women wearing revealing clothes, have gone wrong. [30 December 2007]
Maulana Fazlur Rehman
- This bill is against the Holy Koran. We reject it and will try to block it in any possible manner. [responding to President Pervez Musharraf's attempt to introduce the Women Protection Bill that would over-rule the existing Hudood Ordinance, thus raising the age of consent for women from puberty to 16 and removing the barrier whereby they have to provide 4 pious male witnesses as evidence of being raped, The Telegraph, 25 August 2006]
John Reid, Home Secretary
- Sometimes we may have to modify some of our own freedoms in the short term in order to prevent their misuse and abuse by those who oppose our fundamental values and would destroy all of our freedoms in the modern world. [09 August 2006]
Rev. James Reuter, Office of Mass Media, Church of the Philippines
- We do not need population control, and any effort at safe sex is totally, utterly immoral from top to bottom. [commenting on former Spice Girl Geri "Ginger" Halliwell's visit as Britain's ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund, during which she promoted the use of contraception as well as raising awareness of breast-cancer, June 1999]
Charles Rice, Professor of Law, Notre Dame University
- Incest is a voluntary act on the woman's part. [pamphlet published by the American Life League]
- Senator, first of all, I do agree that the tsunami was a wonderful opportunity to show not just the U.S. government, but the heart of the American people. And I think it has paid great dividends for us. [thinking of all the new beach-front hotels they can develop… er, no, sorry, expressing sympathy for the 150,000+ victims of the Tsunami, 18 January 2005]
Valerie Riches, Family & Youth Concern
- This is the agenda of the militant gay lobby who want the same rights as married couples. [commenting on yesterday's establishment of a "gay register" (a civil service without any legal standing) in London, Metro, 06 September 2001]
Carolyn Risher, Mayor, Inglis, Florida
- You're either with God or against him. [05 November 2001]
- Be it known from this day forward that Satan, ruler of darkness, giver of evil, destroyer of what is good and just, is not now, nor ever again will be, a part of this town of Inglis. Satan is hereby declared powerless, no longer ruling over, nor influencing, our citizens. In the past, Satan has caused division, animosity, hate, confusion, ungodly acts on our youth, and discord among our friends and loved ones. NO LONGER! The body of Jesus Christ, those citizens cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb, hereby join together to bind the forces of evil in the Holy Name of Jesus. We have taken our town back for the Kingdom of God. We are taking everything back that the devil ever stole from us. We will never again be deceived by satanic and demonic forces. As blood-bought children of God, we exercise our authority over the devil in Jesus' name. By that authority, and through His Blessed Name, we command all satanic and demonic forces to cease their activities and depart the town of Inglis. As the Mayor of Inglis, duly elected by the citizens of this town, and appointed by God to this position of leadership, I proclaim victory over Satan, freedom for our citizens, and liberty to worship our Creator and Heavenly Father, the God of Israel. I take this action in accordance with the words of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, as recorded in Matthew 28:18-20 and Mark 16:15-18. [Mayoral Proclamation rolled into 4 fence-posts at the town entrances (sealed and capped and painted with Repent, Request, Resist), 05 November 2001]
Sorrell Robbins, Shamanic Healer
- Through the course of our life, pieces of our soul get detached by emotional and physical traumas and simply wander off. [Metro, 05 April 2001]
Marion 'Pat' Robertson
- My personal feeling is that oral sex is against nature.
- NOW is saying that in order to be a woman, you've got to be a lesbian. [700 Club, 03 December 1997]
- Jews are only good for one thing, bringing in as a sacrifice unto the Lord.
- Sickness and disease will be a part of life of this planet until Jesus comes back.
- Those who have not lived for Him will be in a place of torment and punishment.
- I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. [700 Club, 02 January 2004]
- If you go all the way back to the days just following creation, men lived nine hundred years or more.
- I know one man who was impotent who gave AIDS to his wife and the only thing they did was kiss.
- People have immortal spirits with incredible power over elemental things. The way to deal with inanimate matter is to talk to it.
- Homosexuals want to come into churches and disrupt church services and throw blood all around and try to give people AIDS and spit in the face of ministers. [700 Club, 18 January 1995 ]
- You say "You're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists …" – nonsense! I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the anti-Christ!
- I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period. [700 Club, 08 January 1992 ]
- When lawlessness is abroad in the land, the same thing will happen here that happened in Nazi Germany. Many of those people involved in Adolph Hitler were Satanists. Many of them were homosexuals. The two things seem to go together. [700 Club, 21 January 1993]
- The feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians. [fund-raising letter to the Iowa Committee to Stop ERA, as reported in The Washington Post, 23 August 1993]
- Individual Christians are the only ones really – and Jewish people, those who trust God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – are the only ones that are qualified to have the reign, because hopefully, they will be governed by God and submit to Him. [700 Club, 11 January 1985
- The Constitution of the United States, is a marvellous document for self-government by Christian people. But the minute you turn the document into the hands of non-Christian people and atheistic people they can use it to destroy the very foundation of our society. [700 Club, 30 December 1981]
- In Europe, the big word is tolerance … Homosexuals are riding high in the media. In Scotland, you can't believe how strong the homosexuals are. … It's kind of frightening to look at that great Christian history of a nation like that and to see the lack of depth there today. [after the collapse of his proposed alliance with the Bank Of Scotland, 1999]
- I have known few homosexuals who did not practice their tendencies. Such people are sinning against God and will lead to the ultimate destruction of the family and our nation. I am unalterably opposed to such things, and will do everything I can to restrict the freedom of these people to spread their contagious infection to the youth of this nation.
- I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate; this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor. [commenting on Disney's 'Gay-days', 700 Club 06 June 1998]
- I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover. If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city. And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there. [commenting on the removal of Intelligent (sic) Design being voted off the school board, 700 Club, 10 November 2005]
- There will never be world peace until God's house and God's people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world. How can there be peace when drunkards, drug dealers, communists, atheists, New Age worshippers of Satan, secular humanists, oppressive dictators, greedy moneychangers, revolutionary assassins, adulterers, and homosexuals are on top? [The New World Order, 1991]
- I think George Bush is going to win in a walk. I really believe I'm hearing from the Lord it's going to be like a blowout election in 2004. It's shaping up that way. The Lord has just blessed him [G. W. Bush]. I mean, he could make terrible mistakes and come out of it. It doesn't make any difference what he does, good or bad, God picks him up because he's a man of prayer and God's blessing him. [700 Club, 02 January 2004]
- Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians… It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history.
- I think the sky is blue because it's a shift from black through purple to blue, and it has to do with where the light is. You know, the farther we get into darkness, and there's a shifting of colour of light into the blueness, and I think as you go farther and farther away from the reflected light we have from the sun or the light that's bouncing off this earth, uh, the darker it gets … I think if you look at the colour scale, you start at black, move it through purple, move it on out, it's the shifting of colour. We mentioned before about the stars singing, and that's one of the effects of the shifting of colours. [700 Club]
- Now, that's [Deuteronomy 17:2-5] what Moses said to the children of Israel about those who worship the sun and the moon and the hosts of heaven, because these things, at best, are lifeless nothings, or, if they are intelligent, they're demonic. And, yes, there is a host of heaven. There are angelsand there are fallen angels. There is no question about it. Can a demon appear as a slanty-eyed, funny-looking creature? Of course he can, or it can. Of course they can deceive people. And if they can lead somebody away from the true God, or away from Jesus Christ, anyway it happens, it doesn't matter, you will lose your salvation. It doesn't matter how they get you. The question is, did they get you, and under what guise? [conflating "worship" with "belief in" and effectively claiming anyone who believes in aliens should be stoned to death, 700 Club, 08 July 1997]
- I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don't think any oil shipments will stop. But this man is a terrific danger, and this is in our sphere of influence, so we can't let this happen. We have the Monroe Doctrine, and we have other doctrines that we have announced, and without question, this is a dangerous enemy to our south, controlling a huge pool of oil that could hurt us very badly. We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another 200-billion-dollar war to get rid of one strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with. [speaking of murdering democratically elected Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez, and expressing concerns about losing oil imports, 700 Club, 22 August 2005]
- The wars of extermination have given a lot of people trouble unless they know what was going on. The people in the land of Palestine were very wicked. They were given over to idolatry; they sacrificed their children; they had all kinds of abominable sex practices; they were having sex, apparently, with animals; they were having sex men with men, and women with women; they were committing adultery, fornication; they were worshipping idols, offering their children up; and they were forsaking God. God told the Israelites to kill them all – men, women and children, to destroy them. And that seems to be a terrible thing to do. Is it? Or isn't it? Well, let us assume there were 2,000 of them, or 10,000 of them living in the land, or whatever number there was of them. I don't have the exact number. Pick a number. God said, 'Kill them all.' Well, that would seem hard, wouldn't it? That would be 10,000 people who would probably go to Hell. But, if they stayed and reproduced, in 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 or 100 more years, they could conceivably be – 10,000 would go to a 100,000 – 100,000 could conceivably go to a million. And then, there would be a million people who would have to spend eternity in Hell! And it's far more merciful to take away a few than to see in the future a 100 years down the road, and say, 'Well, I have to take away a million people that would forever be apart from God,' because the abomination was there like a contagium. God saw that there was no cure for it. It wasn't going to change; their hearts weren't going to change; and all they would do is cause trouble for the Israelites, and pull the Israelites away from God, and prevent the truth of God from reaching the Earth. So, God, in love, took away a small number that he might not have to take away a large number. [700 Club, 06 May 1985]
Riordon Roett, Chase Manhatten Bank
- While Chiapas, in our opinion, does not pose a fundamental threat to Mexican political stability, it is perceived to be so by many in the investment community. The government will need to eliminate the Zapatistas to demonstrate their effective control of the national territory and of security policy. [13 January 1995]
John Mark Reynolds
- And just like the fall of communism, what we know for sure is that when you have to protect a rotten idea [Darwinism] through political power, it doesn't have long to survive. [on the teaching of scientific evolution but not religious creationism, Focus On The Family, 19 October 2001]
- He may be a son-of-a-bitch, but at least he's our son-of-a-bitch. [on his support for Anastasio Somoza, dictator of Nicaragua]
- No triumph of peace can equal the armed triumph of war.
- I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth.
- When compared with the suppression of anarchy every other question sinks into insignificance. The anarchist is the enemy of humanity, the enemy of all mankind, and his is a deeper degree of criminality than any other. No immigrant is allowed to come to our shores if he is an anarchist; and no paper published here or abroad should be permitted circulation in this country if it propagates anarchist opinions.
- If you believe in evolution, you believe that disease, suffering, and death existed before Adam's sin, thus negating the whole framework of redemption. Furthermore, you make God a liar when giving the Ten Commandments and you make Jesus, Paul, and Peter either liars or deluded since they all clearly refer to the Genesis accounts of creation and the Flood, as written, as history. [on-line response to an article in Christianity Today, 15 March 2007]
Fadhel Al-Sa'd, Iraqi 'astronomer'
- So far, no doctor has succeeded in understanding how the eye works. [Al-Fayhaa TV, 31 October 2007]
- The sun began to disappear slowly behind the moon [during a 1999 solar ecplise]. This is because the moon is half the size of the sun. The moon's diameter is 1,200,000 km, while that of the sun is 2,400,000 km. … The sun circles the Earth because it is smaller than the Earth, as is evident in Koranic verses. … What I say is based on Koranic science (sic). He ['Aboud Al-Taei, an Iraqi physicist] bases his arguments on the kind of science that I reject categorically – the modern science that they teach in schools. This science is a heretic innovation that has no confirmation in the Koran. No verse in the Koran indicates that the Earth is round or that it rotates. Anything that has no indication in the Koran is false. [Al-Fayhaa TV, 31 October 2007]
- Hearing negative comments about educated women, I prefer to marry uneducated rural girls as I believe that uneducated girls are more innocent and easier to control. [Yemen Post, 19 January 2009]
Frederic Sackett, US Ambassador, Germany
- From the standpoint of stable political conditions, it is perhaps well that Hitler is now in a position to wield unprecedented power. [letter to President Roosevelt, 1933]
Iqbal Sacranie, Secretary General, Muslim Council of Britain
- There is no law at the moment, sadly, that would enable me to pursue with a legal course of, of seeking its withdrawal. [speaking of The Satanic Verses, Panorama, 21 August 2005]
- There is no such thing as an Islamic terrorist. This is deeply offensive. Saying Muslims are terrorists would be covered by this [Incitement To Religious Hatred bill] provision. [13 January 2005]
- Death, perhaps, is a bit too easy for him [Salman Rushdie]… his mind must be tormented for the rest of his life unless he asks for forgiveness to Almighty Allah. [The Guardian, 18 February 1989]
- It [a civil partnership] does not augur well in building the very foundations of society – stability, family relationships. And it is something we would certainly not, in any form, encourage the community to be involved in. … Certainly it [homosexuality] is a practice that in terms of health, in terms of the moral issues that comes along in a society – it is. It is not acceptable. [03 January 2006]
Howard Safir, Police Commissioner, New York
- Only someone completely distrustful of all government would be opposed to what we are doing with surveillance cameras. [27 July 1999]
Uzi Safanov, Writer, Seawanhaka, New York
- I'm a Jew before being a journalist, before someone pays me to write. If I find a negative thing about Israel, I will not print it and I will sink into why did it happen and what can I do to change it. [23 November 2001]
Captain Eric Salomonson, Pilot of "A-10 Warthog" Anti-Tank Plane
- There's just nothing like it. It's the biggest Fourth of July show you've ever seen, and to see those tanks just 'boom,' and more stuff just keep spewing out of them and shells flying out to the ground, they just became white hot. It's wonderful. [describing his attacks on Iraqi tanks during the Gulf War, quoted in the Washington Post, 27 February 1991]
- Our friendship, relationship and love should only be with the people who believe in Islam and Allah as the ruler. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- The people, who do not accept Allah as the ruler and do not believe in Islam are our enemy and we should disassociate ourselves from them even if they are our close relatives and from our tribe. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- The infidels, whether they are the Jews or Christians, atheists and polytheists, are the real infidels and are the enemies of Allah's faith. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- The people declared by Allah as our enemy can never be our friends. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- Our enmity towards Hindus is not due to the Kashmir issue; our enmity towards America is not due to Iraq and Afghanistan; the enmity between us and the Jews is not due to the Palestine; the real cause is that they do not accept our system and Islam. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- Enmity towards infidels is a must. It is part of our faith. Islam says the Muslims should stay away from the infidels and their countries. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
- The best way to get rid of them is to continue jihad until the Allah's faith is completely enforced all over the world. [Standards Of Friendship And Enmity In Islam, September 2013]
Imam Samudra, Planner Of Bali Bombs
- My only mission was to help the Muslims. … To Muslim people I would say pardon – but Muslims only. While the unbelievers – they must be entering into hell. Allah says to all unbelievers that this road will bring you to hell. … Islam is peace. [Sunday Times, 02 march 2007]
- We Jews, we are the destroyers and will remain the destroyers. Nothing you can do will meet our demands and needs. We will forever destroy because we want a world of our own. [You Gentiles]
Rick Santorum, Pennysylvania - D
- If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual gay sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. All of those things are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family and that's sort of where we are in today's world, unfortunately. It all comes from, I would argue, the right to privacy that doesn't exist, in my opinion, in the United States Constitution. [22 April 2003]
- I would be the last person to suggest that the text of the Qur'an is easy. It does require some effort and research. But what did [Sebastian] Faulks' "breathtaking" research amount to? He read a single, bad translation. He thought it was unnecessary to consult his Muslim friends. But he did not even bother to read the poor translation properly. [Reading the Qur'an in the dark, The Guardian, 27 August 2009]
- I have no regrets. I just obeyed Allah's commandment. I will kill all those women who do not follow the right path, if I am freed again. [after murdering Zilla Huma Usman (Minister For Social Welfare In Punjab) because she was a woman holding government office and she didn't cover all of her face, 20 February 2007]
Antonin Scalia, Chief Justice
- You're talking about whether the religious viewpoint should have a role in the legislative and political process. Of course it should. It always has in this country. [January 2002]
- [Government] derives its moral authority from God … to execute wrath, including even wrath by the sword, which is unmistakably a reference to the death penalty. … Indeed, it seems to me that the more Christian a country is, the less likely it is to regard the death penalty as immoral. Abolition has taken its firmest hold in post-Christian Europe and has least support in the church-going United States. I attribute that to the fact that for the believing Christian, death is no big deal. [January 2002]
- A big part of the way that I originally conceived Helen, and conceived the whole movie in a sense, is that basically she's a secular Humanist, right, she's a scientist, so in a way science is a kind of faith, science is a mode of belief in the same way that religion is. [Commentary to remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still, 2008]
Nell Segraves, Focus On The Family
- I want another Miracle on 34th Street, with letters sent to the Department of Justice from students who believe in God – just as those in Miracle on 34th Street said they believe in Santa Claus. Bags and bags and bags of mail from students. [trying to get creationism into California schools because evolution is 'only a theory' and deliberately missing the point that 'belief in' is not the same as 'can be demonstrated', 19 October 2001]
Bruce M. Seligsohn
- Too bad Hitler didn't get your family. With six million Jews dieing 60 year (sic) ago it's a shame scum like you somehow managed to survive. [email to Deborah Fink, of Jews for Justice for Palestinians]
Juan Gines de Sepulveda
- How can we doubt that these people, so uncivilised, so barbaric, so contaminated with so many sins and obscenities, have been just conquered.
Rev. Bill Shanks, New Covenant Fellowship Of New Orleans
- New Orleans now is abortion free. New Orleans now is Mardi Gras free. New Orleans now is free of Southern Decadence and the sodomites, the witchcraft workers, false religion – it's free of all of those things now. [02 September 2005]
- I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it. [comment to Shimon Peres, 03 October 2001]
G Thomas Sharp, Creation Truth Foundation
- … if we lose Genesis as a legitimate scientific and historical explanation for man, then we lose the validity of Christianity. Period.
Abdullah bin Mohammad al-Sheikh, Justice Minister, Saudi Arabia
- We all know that those who instigate those doubts are the enemies of God, the enemies of religion and the enemies of all humanity. Their hearts are full of hatred. [regarding Amnesty International's criticism of his country's lack of human rights, 09 May 2000]
Louis P. Sheldon, Traditional Values Coalition
- I do not exaggerate when I say that this trial by fire will determine the very survival of our culture and the fate of civilization as we know it. This is not a battle against foreign enemies or third world extremists, but an even greater foe: the forces of darkness and legions of angry homosexuals and lesbians determined to abolish Christian virtue and moral judgment in any form. [ The Agenda: The Homosexual Plan To Change America]
- … I've talked to many psychotherapists who are Christian, and they say once you enter into that lifestyle – Now, you may have gender identity conflict – that's the medical-scientific name for homosexuality – where you're attracted to the same-sex person, but once you enter into the culture, into the music, into the gay bars, into the gay literature, into the gay theatre, and all of that kind of – and gay travel – once you immerse yourself into that, you have really put yourself into a groove that only a sort of an exorcism can release you from. [American Family Radio, 11 October 2005]
Tim Shepherd, Church Of Christ, Pound, Virginia
- I can never see a time when dancing can be approved of, especially with people who are not married. Dancing is one of those things that entices. It imitates sexual contact. [the Town Council of Pound enacted a new ordinance in February 2000 making it illegal to dance in public without a permit (the maximum penalty is a $500 fine), April 2001]
- But one pernicious effect of literacy has gone largely unnoticed: writing subliminally fosters a patriarchal outlook. Writing of any kind, but especially its alphabetic form, diminshes feminine values and with them, women's presence in the culture. [The Goddess And The Alphabet]
- Diseases, in a way, are generally symptomatic of a society's sinfulness.
- In a few days' time, a very dangerous virus will attack the body of the nation. What virus? Is it AIDS? No, something more dangerous. Something more dangerous than Ebola, which dissolves the human body, more dangerous than cholera, which killed half of Europe a few centuries ago. I am talking about the Valentine virus, people. I have come tonight to warn all boys and girls about an extremely dangerous virus, which is about to attack the hearts of the nation's youth, and to destroy our relations with God. We must confront this Valentine virus! [06 February 2009]
Dr. Hani Al-Siba'i, Al-Maqreze Centre For Historical Studies, London
- The term 'civilians' does not exist in Islamic religious law. Dr. Karmi is sitting here, and I am sitting here, and I'm familiar with religious law. There is no such term as 'civilians' in the modern Western sense. People are either of Dar Al-Harb or not. [Al-Jazeera, 08 July 2005]
Dr. Kalim Siddiqui, Director, Muslim Institute (England)
- There are laws on the British statute book that are in direct conflict with the laws of Allah. We are Muslims first and last. [responding to a report from the Institute For The Study Of Islam And Christianity that highlights the increasing use of murder ('honour' killings) and Sharia law, Daily Express, 01 December 2006]
- If my daughter or sister engaged in pre-marital activities and disgraced herself and allowed herself to lose face and character by doing such things, I would most certainly take this sort of sister or daughter to my farmhouse, and in front of my entire family, I would put petrol on her and set her alight. [Delhi Bus Rapist Blames His Victim In Prison Interview, The Telegraph, 01 March 2015]
Mukesh Singh, gang rapist and murderer of Jyoti Singh
- A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy. … When being raped, she shouldn't fight back. She should just be silent and allow the rape. Then they'd have dropped her off after 'doing her', and only hit the boy. … You can't clap with one hand - it takes two hands. A decent girl won't roam around at 9 o'clock at night. A girl is far more responsible for rape than a boy. Boy and girl are not equal. Housework and housekeeping is for girls, not roaming in discos and bars at night doing wrong things, wearing wrong clothes. About 20 per cent of girls are good. [Delhi Bus Rapist Blames His Victim In Prison Interview, The Telegraph, 01 March 2015]
Ayatollah Ali Al-Sistani
- Cat's hair does not invalidate prayer.
- Forbidden. Those involved in the act should be punished. In fact, sodomites should be killed in the worst manner possible. [responding to the question "What is the judgement on sodomy and lesbianism? ", March 2006]
- It [chess] is not permissible, because it is a means for Lahv [debauchery] and gambling. Many traditions have been reported from the Holy Prophet and the Imams that prohibit playing chess. Moreover, when we do not know the reason behind the forbiddenness of an act, we are bound to obey in absolute obedience. There is a reason for it, but we do not know it and when we do not know it, it does not mean that we should not abide by it.
Ray Sinclair-Smith, Senior Governer, Bedgebury School
- We may have a moral obligation to the children, but as an educational charity, our first duty is to the charity. We have no duty of care to the children. We do not even have a legal obligation to provide education. [Private Eye 1163, 21 July - 03 August 2006]
- The people who have done this should get an award for it. This was a murder of morality. [speaking proudly of the murders of (pregnant) Sunita Prakash and her boyfriend Jasbir Singh, for being from the same village their relationship was deemed as 'incest', Reuters, 16 May 2008] cf Balwan Arya
Society For The Practical Establishment And Perpetuation Of The Ten Commandments
- Hatred for homosexuality is right and good!
- As you know, atheists and other non believers claim women are equal to men. However, when we turn to the Bible, we find that the Creator of all mankind says females are the weaker gender. Heathen reasoning erroneously concludes that the principle of inequality of women is injustice to women. However it is not injustice, but great wisdom.
- Dogs and all carrion consumers aptly typify atheists and all non believers in God. They are the carrion lovers of the world. The unclean is clean to them. They are not repelled by any of the moral carrion in the world. They are the dogs, buzzards, possums and maggots of the world. They cannot smell the foul stench of pornography, homosexuality, paedophilia, bestiality, abortion or sin of any type, but feel it is their right to practice such.
- The best way to understand the nature of atheism is to understand its author. Satan is its author. … Thus atheism is properly defined as a denial of the existence of God in the midst of full knowledge that God does indeed exist. … Atheism is the ultimate of satanism. … Atheism is therefore a doctrine of demons, and in many, if not all cases, atheists are demon-possessed. So it is quite possible that when you heard atheists speaking, all you heard was demons ranting against God.
- Atheists don't understand that worship of Satan is not contingent upon a realization or acknowledgment of Satan's existence. A denial of Satan does not nullify his true existence. And a denial of worship of him does not release a people from being slaves to him. One fundamental principle of creation is that every person of mankind must either worship God or worship Satan (Matthew 6:24). We sometimes refer to this as the "either or" principle. It is exemplified in other areas of life. Another example: all humans must be either males or females. There's no way out of it.
- The terrible influence of the crime of homosexuality also extends itself in the societies by homosexuals being allowed to function in the societies, by them becoming prominent members of communities, and becoming leaders and serving in various positions of government. In this way, homosexuals seek to remove all rightful stigmatization of homosexuality from the societies by making laws in favor of homosexuality. Again, this is equivalent to murderers going unpunished and being allowed to function in the societies as prominent leaders of the societies and being allowed to serve in government to make laws in favor of murder.
- Thus we see that God requires death for homosexuality just as he requires death for murder. This tells us that homosexuality is at least equal to the heinousness of murder. All homosexuals should be regarded by every society to be just as much criminals as are cold-blooded murderers. Although homosexuality is at least as heinous as the crime of murder, it can be and is often more heinous than murder. When a person commits the crime of murder, he may not murder but one person and may never commit the crime again. Or even if he murders 10 or a 100 people, at some point his murders stop. But homosexuals often remain such their entire lives and they may commit the act hundreds of time. They may also spread the AIDs virus to many innocent people who may die from the AIDs.
- Lets recount the demonic steps that led to the birth of atheism: First came the measly and totally depraved demon's deceptive efforts to exalt himself to the level of the Almighty God and his deceptive efforts to debase God to the level of a depraved creature. Second came his deceptive efforts to judge God's actions by the demon's own depravity or by the law God made for human or angels. Third came the demon's deceived conclusion that God is unjust or wrong in what He does. Fourth came his deceptive effort to impose the sentence of annihilation upon God's existence. And fifth came the deceptive denial of the existence of God as a substitute for an impossible annihilation of God. As you can see, each step from beginning to end during the birth of atheism was pure deception on the part of one who knows the truth. This proves that atheism is pure deception.
- Take for example the constitution's satanic ability to create the abominable and death-worthy crime of homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13). The diabolical process by which it accomplishes homosexuality and the foolish tolerance thereto is highly involved and varied. So, a very simplified explanation of the workings of the basic principle must suffice here. The constitution, particularly the first amendment, in essence states that male citizens have the so-called "right" and "freedom" to think, speak and act in ways opposite to their God-given and thus rightful role as males; and female have the so-called "right" and "freedom" to think, speak and act in ways opposite to their God-given and thus rightful role as females. In no way does the constitution encourage faithfulness to your rightful gender, but strongly discourages it by virtue of its most poisonous concepts of "rights" and "freedoms."
Sister Souljah (Lisa Williamson)
- You can't call me or any black person anywhere in the world a racist.
- If black people kill black people every day, why not have a week and kill white people? … So if you're a gang member and you would normally be killing somebody, why not kill a white person? [after the L.A. Riots, 1992]
Henry D'Souza, Archbishop, Calcutta
- There was no medical reason for that. It struck me that there could be some evil spirit which was trying to disturb her. [commenting on the exorcism performed on Mother Teresa because she was having trouble sleeping, reported 06 September 2001 although the event took place in 1997]
- War, in fact has brought out the noblest instincts and the best traits of human courage and endurance in the annals of history. [baptising the U.S. invasion of Vietnam as a Holy Crusade for the preservation of civilisation, 24 December 1966]
Jim Staal, Promisekeeper
- May your lips be seared with hot coals, blasphemer!
- … there is no life on other planets. If there were, the Bible would have mentioned it.
- … if a person claims to have no god, what then. Then Satan is his god.
- I know it isn't the fetus's fault, but the mother shouldn't have had an abortion if she didn't want the baby to go to hell.
- I have less tolerance for pagan women because they seem to particularly lack respect for men and thereby depart from God even further than do pagan men.
Br. Paul Stein, Catholic Exchange
- Nevertheless, Wicca remains enchanting to adolescents. The occult, the secret, the darker elements that Wiccans claim exist, and the out-of-the-closet things like Ouija boards intrigue the teenage mind. Without a firm religiosity America's adolescents are easy prey, contemporary Hansels and Gretels seduced by the subtle lies of the occult. [The Witch Next Door, 22 April 2006]
- Part of its popularity is its adaptability: with no dogmatic demands or stone-carved commandments, it fits almost any cultural situation. Gene Chambers, owner of an 'alternative spirituality' store, stated in an interview with the Boston Globe, "People are seeking less formal spirituality without the tenets and without the dogmas of organized religion.… The uniqueness of being a pagan is the ability to incorporate other ideologies in your belief system." The witch who works in a beauty salon can use her herbal spells to improve the shine of her clients' hair, while the warlock who sells his self-made computers on the Web can perform his rites as he waits for his programs to download. It works just as well for the chainsaw-murderer as for the philanthropist. [The Witch Next Door, 22 April 2006]
John J. Stewart
- When God allows a spirit to take on a Negroid body, do you suppose He is unaware of the fact that he will suffer a social stigma? Therefore, if you say this Church is unjust in not allowing the Negroes to bear the Priesthood, you must, to be consistent, likewise say that God is even more unjust in giving him a black skin. [The Glory Of Mormonism, 1963]
Mufti Ahmed Suliman
- It is Makrooh (odious) for the wife and husband to engage in any sought of discussions while having intercourse. (Ad-Durrul Mukhtaar, Vol. 9, Page 600) [responding to the question "are a husband and wife allowed to talk during penetration?", Ask Imam Online]
Lawrence Summer, Chief Economist, World Bank
- Just between you and me, shouldn't the Word Bank be encouraging more migration of the dirty industries to the less developed countries? The economic logic behind dumping a load of toxic waste in the lowest wage country is impeccable, and we should face up to that. 
Robert Sungenis, Galileo Was Wrong
- If you see the Earth as just a humdrum planet among stars circling in a vast universe, then we're not significant, we're just part of a crowd. But if you believe everything revolves around Earth, it gives another picture – of purpose, a meaning of life. [trying to justify geocentrism and thereby make himself feel important because he can't find a meaning to life without a god, 2006]
- Normally I wouldn't dream of murdering anyone, but I thought I was obeying direct orders from God. For months I'd been receiving text messages from Jesus on my cellphone, offering me spiritual guidance, and telling me over and over again that I must shoot Alexandra Fossmo right through the head. I know now that those text messages were actually sent by her husband, Pastor Helge Fossmo, but at the time I thought they were sent by the Almighty, and I became a robot, programmed to kill. [Aftonbladet, 03 August 2004]
- If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell. [20 May 1988]
- We ought to tell every other Muslim living in this nation that if you say one word, you're gone. [November 2002]
- I've never seen a man in my life I wanted to marry. And I'm gonna be blunt and plain; if one ever looks at me like that, I'm gonna kill him and tell God he died. [mid-September 2004]
Din Syamsuddin, Head Of Indonesia's Council Of Clerics
- Allah will not love us without also testing our love for him. Maybe this disaster was because we have forgotten him and his teachings and failed to implement Shariah law. [reassuring the survivors of the Indonesian tsunami, Banda Aceh, 07 January 2005]
Sheikh Mohammed al-Tabatabi
- The West calls for freedom and liberty. Islam rejects such liberty. True liberty is obedience to Allah. [May 2003]
Mohammed Reza Taheri-Azar
- … I am a servant of Allah. … I have no desire to amass the impermanent and temporary fame and material wealth this world has to offer. … I have decided to take advantage of my presence on United States soil on Friday, March 3, 2006 to take the lives of as many Americans and American sympathizers as I can in order to punish the United States for their immoral actions around the world. In the Qur'an, Allah states that the believing men and women have permission to murder anyone responsible for the killing of other believing men and women. I know that the Qur'an is a legitimate and authoritative holy scripture since it is completely validated by modern science and also mathematically encoded with the number 19 beyond human ability. … I have chosen the particular location on the University campus as my target since I know there is a high likelihood that I will kill several people before being killed myself or jailed and sent to prison if Allah wills. Allah's commandments are never to be questioned and all of Allah's commandments must be obeyed. Those who violate Allah's commandments and purposefully follow human fabrication and falsehood as their religion will burn in fire for eternity in accordance with Allah's will. [letter left for police after he drove a rented SUV into students at 'The Pit', 03 March 2006]
Talk To Action
- Imagine: you are a foot soldier in a paramilitary group whose purpose is to remake America as a Christian theocracy, and establish its worldly vision of the dominion of Christ over all aspects of life. You are issued high-tech military weaponry, and instructed to engage the infidel on the streets of New York City. You are on a mission – both a religious mission and a military mission – to convert or kill Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, gays, and anyone who advocates the separation of church and state – especially moderate, mainstream Christians. Your mission is "to conduct physical and spiritual warfare"; all who resist must be taken out with extreme prejudice. [Describing the forthcoming Left Behind: Eternal Forces video game, 29 May 2006]
Mother Teresa (Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu)
- There is no problem of overpopulation, only God's will.
- It [AIDS] is a just retribution for improper sexual conduct.
- You are suffering like Christ on the cross. So Jesus must be kissing you.
- I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people.
- I should not allow any child entrusted to my care to be adopted by a woman who has had an abortion or used contraception. Such a woman is incapable of love.
- We cannot pretend this is a normal lifestyle. It is an abhorrent abomination. … Our goal is to mobilise resistance to these people [homosexuals] at every level. They cannot prevail, because there is a God in heaven. [New York Times, 28 June 1999]
- You better believe that I want to build a Christian nation, because the only option is a pagan nation. … defined as 'We acknowledge God in our body politic, in our communities, that the God of the Bible is our God, and, we acknowledge that His law is supreme … When I, or people like me, are running the country, you'd better flee, because we will find you [abortion doctors], we will try you, and we'll execute you. I mean every word of it. … I will make it part of my mission to see to it that they are tried and executed. … The greatest crisis we face is not child killing, it's not the sodomites, it's not land tax, it's not the intrusion of the federal government into our lives, our families, as they crush our liberties. The greatest crisis we face tonight is a crisis of leadership. We are facing a crisis of righteous, courageous, physically oriented, male leadership. Male leadership! … God established patriarchy when he established the world. … They are not here to get along. They are not even here to take issue. They are here to take over! … The American prison system is inherently evil because it brings punishments that are not authorised by God. Somebody like Susan Smith [an American woman found guilty of killing her two infants] should be dead. She should be dead now. Some people will go, 'Well how do you know that God doesn't have a wonderful plan for her life?' He does. It's listed in the Bible. His plan for her is that she should be dead. [speech Our Goal? A Christian Nation upon receiving the U.S. Taxpayers Alliance's Third Annual Andrew Jackson "Championship of Liberty" Award, 08 August 1995]
- In certain Mysteries it is by baptism that members are initiated and they imagine that the result of this baptism is regeneration and the remission of the penalties of their sins.
- You say we worship the sun; so do you.
- Woman is a temple built over a sewer, the gateway to the devil. Women are the gate to hell.
- Early manifestations of the Son of God, as recorded in the Old Testament; rehearsals of His subsequent Incarnation. [Against Praxeas]
- We want no curious disputation after possessing Christ Jesus, no inquiring after enjoying the gospel! With our faith, we desire no further belief. [De Praescr]
- And the Son of God died; it is by all means to be believed, because it is absurd. And he was buried and rose again; the fact is certain because it is impossible. [The Presciptions Against The Heretics]
- These heretical women – how audacious they are! They have no modesty; they are bold enough to teach, to engage in argument, to enact exorcisms, to undertake cures, and, it may be, to even baptise! [speaking of gnostics, De Praescr]
- It is not permitted for a woman to speak in the church, not is it permitted for her to teach, nor to baptise, nor to offer the eucharist, not to claim for herself a share in any masculine function – not to mention any priestly office.
- Ah! The broad magnificence of that scene! How shall I laugh and be glad and exult when I see these wise philosophers, who teach that the gods are indifferent and men soulless, roasting and browning before their own disciples in hell. [De Spectaculis]
- After Jesus Christ we have no need of speculation, after the Gospel no need of research. When we come to believe, we have no desire to believe anything else; for we begin by believing that there is nothing else which we have to believe.
- I maintain that the Son of God was born; why am I not ashamed of maintaining such a thing? Why! but because it is itself a shameful thing. I maintain that the Son of God died; well, that is wholly credible because it is monstrously absurd. I maintain that after having been buried, he rose again: and that I take to be absolutely true, because it was manifestly impossible.
- And do you not know that you are an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the devil's gateway: you are the unsealer of that tree: you are the first deserter of the divine law: you are she who persuaded him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account of your desert – that is, death – even the Son of God had to die. [De Cultu Feminarum]
- The devil, whose business is to pervert the truth, mimics the exact circumstances of the Divine Sacrements. He baptises his believers and promises forgiveness of sins from the Sacred Fount, and thereby initiates them into the religion of Mithras. Thus he celebrates the oblation of bread, and brings in the symbol of resurrection. Let us therefore acknowledge the craftiness of the devil, who copies certain things of those that be divine.
- The British media are full of stories about pedophiles, as they have been about Catholic priests, who have preyed upon young boys. In rational times, the sexual behavior of one applying for a youth worker position might seem a plausible line of questioning, but these are not rational times. The court is considering what damages to award the 42-year-old applicant. [speaking of Rt Revd Anthony Priddis (Bishop of Hereford) who refused to employ John Reaney as a youth worker despite unanimous approval, The Sacramento Bee, 24 July 2007]
Rev. Rod Thomas, Reform (Evangelical Pressure Group)
- We have a great deal of sympathy with the appeal for calm and serious reflection [by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Rowan Williams], but it is difficult to be reassured because at the moment the appointment still stands. It is only if action is taken and Jeffrey John stands down that we can be satisfied. [The Guardian, 24 June 2003]
- From dem a par inna chi chi man car Blaze di fire mek we bun dem!!!! (Bun dem!!!!) From dem a drink inna chi chi man bar Blaze di fire mek we dun dem!!!! (Dun dem!!!!) [Chi Chi Man]
- The phrase "political correctness" was born as a coded cover for all who still want to say Paki, spastic or queer, all those who still want to pick on anyone not like them, playground bullies who never grew up. The politically correct society is the civilised society, however much some may squirm at the more inelegant official circumlocutions designed to avoid offence. Inelegance is better than bile. … And no, it had nothing to do with grammar schools, which were overwhelmingly filled with children already middle class. [The Guardian, 28 April 2009]
James Traficant, Ohio - D
- Mr. Speaker, a new report says only 7% of scientists believe in God. That is right. And the reason they gave was that the scientists are "super smart". Unbelievable. Most of these absent-minded professors cannot find the toilet. Mr. Speaker, I have one question for these wise guys to constipate over: How can some thing come from no thing? And while they digest that, Mr. Speaker, let me tell it like it is. Put these super-cerebral master debaters in some foxholes with bombs bursting all around them, and I guarantee they will not be praying to Frankenstein. Beam me up here. My colleagues, all the education in the world is worthless without God and a little bit of common sense. And I yield back whatever we have left. [03 August 1998]
Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo
- Relying on condoms is like betting on your own death. [October 2003]
- The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible, the killing of civilians. [06 August 1945]
Keith Tucci, Executive Director, Operation Rescue
- It is your god-given right to destroy any man or woman calling themselves doctors who willingly slaughter innocent children.
- I believe that God has everything in hands and that He permitted this disaster [Indonesian tsunami, 26 December 2004] to happen in order to punish human beings for their sins and for not believing in His Son Jesus that will come back soon to judge us all according to our deeds. So I believe that we have to give these events the proper attention to avoid them happening again. [BBC News Magazine, 03 January 2005]
- … even before you blow yourself up the virgins come to the site of the explosion and wait for you to take you to paradise. … My trainer never told me the numbers of virgins, he only said that there are some in the next life and paradise was green and wet, But even one finger of the houri is more beautiful than any earthly woman. [Daily Mail, 19 December 2008]
- If these writings of the Greeks agree with the book of God, they are useless and need not be preserved; if they disagree, they are pernicious and ought to be destroyed. [after the conquest of Alexandria (the books were then used to heat bath-houses in the city and there were so many it took 6 months to go through them all), 641]
Universal Church Of The Kingdom Of God
- Constant headaches, depression, insomnia, fears, bad luck, strange diseases … these are just a few symptoms caused by demons. [advertising poster, 1997]
- You think it's so easy to sit and study all day, bring up seven children on $700 a month? No, it's very hard.
- The Torah is saving and guarding the Jews. Take the Iraq war. Saddam Hussein sent 39 Scud missiles into Israel. They didn't touch anyone. What is this? It wasn't the army – they sat with their arms folded. It was the Torah. There many kinds of soldiers, on planes, on ships, but also in the yeshiva. [The Guardian, 14 July 2012]
Abu Usamah, Green Lane Mosque, Birmingham
- Muslims shouldn't be satisfied with living in other than the total Islamic state. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- We want our Islam and the laws of our Islam to be practised, and we want to do away with the man-made laws. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- I don't believe them because they are kuffaar, and lying is part of their religion. … You can't believe them. These are pathological liars. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- Allah has not given those people who are kuffaar a way over the believer. They shouldn't be in authority over us. Muslims shouldn't be satisfied with living in anything other than a total Islamic state. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- No one loves the kuffaar, not a single person here from the Muslims loves the kuffaar, whether those kuffaar are from the UK or from the US. We love the people of Islam and we hate the people of kufr, we hate the kuffaar. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- Allah has created the woman – even if she gets a PhD – deficient. Her intellect is incomplete, deficient. She may be suffering from hormones that will make her emotional. It takes two witnesses of a woman to equal the one witness of the man. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- I encourage all of you to be from among them, to begin to cultivate ourselves for the time that is fast approaching – where the tables are going to turn and the Muslims are going to be in the position of being uppermost in strength. And when that happens, people won't get killed – unjustly. [Dispatches, Channel 4, 15 January 2007]
- I would never go to the police because I believe that spying on Muslims is never allowed. I am a British citizen but I am a Muslim first, a Muslim second and a Muslim last. Even if I am British, I don't follow the values of the UK … I follow the values of Islam. [Newsnight, 02 August 2005]
- Good way of implimenting good ness and purity. Let secular India follow Saudi footsteps. [ndtv.com, 12 December 2011]
- On bus lines serving ultra-Orthodox communities, women ride in the back. Most do so quite happily, but a ruckus often ensues when an outsider climbs aboard and insists on taking a seat up front with the men, as a woman named Doron Matalon did last week. After being called a “shiksa” and “slut,” she summoned police, who arrested a passenger named Shlomo Fuchs. In the shorthand biography of news accounts, the suspect proved representative of his cohort: Fuchs is 45, has 12 children, and no paying job. Instead he studies scripture all day at a yeshiva, or religious college, which entitles him to welfare payments and excuses him from military service. [Religion And Sex In Israel: Street Clashes Over Defining A Jewish State, Global Spin, 02 January 2012]
Abdoulaye Wade, President, Senegal
- I don't think freedom of expression should mean freedom from blasphemy. There can be no freedom without limits. [March 2008]
Fazi Wahab, Head Of The Supreme Court
- The Taliban chopped off people's hands without proper evidence and beat people in the street for no reason. The hands should be cut off only if the thief confesses to the crime. People can be executed, but not in the street or the bazaar. Only in secret places, where onlookers cannot see. [explaining the 'new' Afghan laws based on sharia rather than the old Taliban laws, based on sharia, 27 December 2001]
- It is an inadmissible assault on personal decency. And on society itself. [slightly over-reacting to the film Fight Club, 2000]
- We will have a world government whether you like it or not. The only question is whether that government will be achieved by conquest or consent. [testifying before the U.S. Senate, 17 February 1950]
- The poisons that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood. Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes – these often follow in the wake of blood transfusion. [15 September 1961]
Jon Watkins, Baptist Activist
- Satan is up to his old tricks again and the main focus is the children of the world. The whole purpose of these books is to desensitise readers and introduce them to the occult. [speaking of Harry Potter, 14 November 2001]
James Watt, U.S. Secretary Of The Interior
- We don't have to protect the environment, the Second Coming is at hand.
- My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns. [The Washington Post, 24 May 1981]
- I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.
Lt. Colonel Gerald Wellman
- We don't necessarily discriminate; we just exclude certain types of people. [describing the military ban on gays]
- Whatever the natural cause, sin is the true cause of all earthquakes.
- Wife: Be content to be insignificant. What loss would it be to God or man had you never been born? [letter to his wife]
- Before Adam's sin none of these attempted to devour or in any wise hurt one another; the spider was as harmless as the fly!
- I cannot give up to all the deists in Great Britain the existence of witchcraft till I give up the credit of all history, sacred and profane. [Journal, 22 May 1770]
- If there be any mistakes in the Bible, there may as well be a thousand. If there be one falsehood in that book it did not come from the God of truth.
- With my latest breath will I bear my testimony against giving up to infidels one great proof of the invisible world; I mean that of witchcraft and apparitions, confirmed by the testimony of all ages. [Works, vol V]
- When old Dr. A--- R--- was asked what her disorder was, he answered 'It is what formerly they would have called being bewitched.' And why should they not call it so now? Because the infidels have hooted witchcraft out of the world; and the complaisant Christians, in large numbers, have joined them in the cry. I do not so much wonder at this – that so many of these herein talk like infidels. But I have sometimes been inclined to wonder at the pert, saucy, indecent manner wherein some of those trample on men far wiser than themselves; at their speaking so dogmatically against what not only the whole world, heathen and Christian, believed in ages past, but thousands, learned as well as unlearned, firmly believe at this day. [Journal, 26 June 1770]
Dr. Monty White
- People believe in evolution because they choose to do so. There is not a shred of real evidence for the evolution of life on earth. Evolution is not compatible with Christianity. Genesis tells us that death only came into the world because of Adam's sin. There was no death before then, and you can't have evolution without death. [BBC web news, March 2005]
General William Westmoreland
- Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind.
- Norwegian women must take their share of responsibility for these rapes … Norwegian women must realize that we live in a Multicultural society and adapt themselves to it. 
Clayton Williams, Gubernatorial Candidate
- Rape is like bad weather; when you realise there's nothing you can do about it, you might as well just lay back and enjoy it.
Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury
- We know where the roots of poverty lie – in the refusal to accept the meaning that God gives the world, a refusal which shows itself not only in atheism but also in the anxious and greedy spirit that cannot see the human context of economic activity. [18 May 2005]
- I'm sure your readers will love this, but I don't know [whether the earth orbits the sun or the sun orbits the earth]. Every physicist who's looked at it seriously has realised that we don't know for sure. [ New Scientist, 22 April 2000]
Senator Bob Wilson, California-R
- But if you can't rape your wife, who can you rape? 
- Anyone who is not a true Christian, is by default, Satanic.
- The more the government cuts God, the more problems this country is going to have. God won't help a country that is so ashamed of him that they are taking him from every building and every place his name is written. … The atheists of this world and the Satanists are taking all the power in this country, it seems, and God's people are being made to suffer. With the help of God, we can take this country back and lead the people to God. [letter to Tricities.com, 22 November 2005]
- But Muhammad is for Muslims the beloved of God and the creation, and there is no seemingly insignificant characteristic of his unworthy of emulation. His example is what guides and facilitates our life in this world. His is a light that is not gone from the world, but has been passed on, generation after generation. [Voice Of Moderate Islam]
Malcolm X (Malcolm Little)
- The death of over 120 white people is a very beautiful thing. [reacting to the news of a plane-crash, 03 June 1962]
- If the whole world approves of something, but Islam condemns it, that settles it. Are music and song forbidden? Yes they are – according to both the book and Sunna. The matter is settled.
Faisal al Yafai
- It's been two years since I ran down the street from my flat in Damascus to see the Danish and Norwegian embassies burning, because of a cartoon published two thousand miles away. Now Danish newspapers have reprinted the same cartoons, of the Muslim prophet Muhammed with a bomb on his head, despite the controversy and lives that were lost because of it. [The Guardian, 14 February 2008]
Sheik Khalid Yasin
- The Koran gives a very clear position regarding homosexuality, lesbianism and bestiality – that these are aberrations, they are immoralities and if they are tried, convicted, they are punishable by death.
- And how can you put a sacred trust in the hands of a non-Muslim? There's no such thing as a Muslim having a non-Muslim friend. If you prefer the clothing of the kafirs over the clothing of the Muslims, most of those names that's on most of those clothings is faggots, homosexuals and lesbians.
- An AIDS virus, that is a classic disease that was created in Fort McKinley, United States. Fort McKinley, the AIDS virus, 63,000 gallons. … Missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups went into Africa and inoculated people for diphtheria, malaria, yellow fever and they put in the medicine the AIDS virus. [Jihad Or Terrorism]
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef
- … because they have no God. [explaining why so many (mostly black) people died during the storms, Channel 10 TV, Israel, 07 September 2005]
- It was God's retribution. God does not shortchange anyone.
- He [G.W. Bush] perpetrated the expulsion. Now everyone is mad at him. This [hurricane Katrina] is his punishment for what he did to Gush Katif, and everyone else who did as he told them, their time will come, too. [Channel 10 TV, Israel, 07 September 2005]
- Shall I tell you the law of God in relation to the African race? If the white man whose blood belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so. [Journal Of Discourses, 10:110]
- Newborn babies sin non-verbally.
- I believe that all bosses and employers should be able to fire a homosexual for being gay. However, I also believe they should be able to fire people for the colour of their skin.
Mohammed Yusuf, leader of Nigerian 'taliban'
- There are prominent Islamic preachers who have seen and understood that the present Western-style education is mixed with issues that run contrary to our beliefs in Islam. Like rain. We believe it is a creation of God rather than an evaporation caused by the sun that condenses and becomes rain. Like saying the world is a sphere. If it runs contrary to the teachings of Allah, we reject it. We also reject the theory of Darwinism.
Judge Ahamat Ullha Zarif
- There will be some changes from the time of the Taliban. For example, the Taliban used to hang the victim's body in public for four days. We will only hang the body for a short time, say fifteen minutes. The stadium is for sports. We will find a new place for public executions. … [adulterers would still be stoned to death] but we will use only small stones. If they are able to run away, they are free. Those who refuse to confess their wrongdoing and are condemned by a judge will have their hands and feet bound so that they cannot run away. They will certainly be stoned to death. [explaining the 'non-fundamentalist' laws for the 'new' Afghanistan, 27 December 2001]
Israr Ullah Zehri, Representative, Baluchistan
- These are centuries-old traditions, and I will continue to defend them. Only those who indulge in immoral acts should be afraid. [supporting the murder of five women who dared to want to marry men of their own choosing, AP, 29 August 2008]